[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Remove Floating Mobs From Vanishing Journey

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    LittleTLK wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    LittleTLK wrote: »
    The only people these things stop that need to be stopped are afk-attackers and people using simple macro-based botting.

Honestly, I don't think stopping them is worth the inconvenience to legit players.

They don't stop them because the afk-attackers are constantly attacking everything indiscriminately, and therefore also attack the flying mobs.

Depends on how strong they are.

Not really.
    As Neospector pointed out, the flying mobs are kb'ed easily. As long as you're continously attacking - which macro'ers are - you'll keep them at bay until they die, however long it takes.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Not to mention cheaters gon' cheat either way, nothing's stopping them from just turning on godmode and be on their merry way to 250.

The mobs themselves aren't really the problem. We had similar ones in Dark World Tree and Haven before and it wasn't a big deal. It's the pot locking that's the issue for the vast majority of players.
    Trying to pass through maps is incredibly hard for unfunded players now. The mob itself deals a good chunk of damage if it hits you, and then you'll have to navigate through the map while pot locked, hoping not to die as the other mobs in the map chip away at your health. Then the next map, and the next, until you reach the map you wanted to train in. It's not reasonable to expect unfunded or low arcane force players to be able to kill these mobs swiftly, and then survive throughout the rest of the maps when you've already popped every kind of dispel you have.

"Buy hyper rocks" - Nexon, probably
    Booberpuppy
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited March 2017
    Something i do is go to craft town so i can afk there and go back to my map without worrying that i might die, only problem is popular maps, where you can lose the channel while doing it.
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    Not to mention cheaters gon' cheat either way, nothing's stopping them from just turning on godmode and be on their merry way to 250.

The mobs themselves aren't really the problem. We had similar ones in Dark World Tree and Haven before and it wasn't a big deal. It's the pot locking that's the issue for the vast majority of players.
    Trying to pass through maps is incredibly hard for unfunded players now. The mob itself deals a good chunk of damage if it hits you, and then you'll have to navigate through the map while pot locked, hoping not to die as the other mobs in the map chip away at your health. Then the next map, and the next, until you reach the map you wanted to train in. It's not reasonable to expect unfunded or low arcane force players to be able to kill these mobs swiftly, and then survive throughout the rest of the maps when you've already popped every kind of dispel you have.

Something i wanna mention is that this block pot can be cleaned with hero's will or similar skills, so in case you are desperate you can use this skill(not as helpfull as not having the flying mobs, still helps me sometimes).
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Ivangold wrote: »
    Something i do is go to craft town so i can afk there and go back to my map without worrying that i might die, only problem is popular maps, where you can lose the channel while doing it.
    SadVirgin wrote: »

Something i wanna mention is that this block pot can be cleaned with hero's will or similar skills, so in case you are desperate you can use this skill(not as helpfull as not having the flying mobs, still helps me sometimes).

The Ardentmill tele has a 30-minute cooldown.

And as for Hero's Will, that's what SadVirgin meant when writing "when you've already popped every kind of dispel you have". Hero's Will has 6 minutes cooldown, and if you're walking to your training map you'll be crossing a lot of flying mobs in six minutes. Why do these things even spawn as soon as you enter a map? I mean, even if we needed anti-AFK mobs, surely someone who just stepped through a portal (or used a teleport) isn't AFK yet?
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited March 2017
    I seriously think these mobs need to stay, but there should be another way of defeating them, so macroers will have a hard time to setup macro and afk. Like, dealing a very few basic att? Not skill.

But the mob spawning as soon as we enter map is unecessary.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    thrakkes wrote: »
    I seriously think these mobs need to stay, but there should be another way of defeating them, so macroers will have a hard time to setup macro and afk. Like, dealing a very few basic att? Not skill.

Trying to hit one Lantern Erda out of a mob of them with normal attack, while all of them are bumping into you and you're potion locked, is suicide.
    JettLuvsUBooberpuppy
  • TanyaTanya
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited March 2017
    While I appreciate Nexon's effort to combat against players leeching off of botters, I do find these mobs incredibly annoying when trying to walk through a map. Especially as a bowman who relies on spirit arrows to attack monsters (I would use real arrows but inventory space :P ). If my buffs expire while passing through the maps and one starts attacking me, I have to buff first before I can actually kill the thing, and while I am buffing the thing is killing me. So yeah, thats not fun.

I also do not like the fact that I can't sit on a rope in a map anymore and sell things to my android shop to clear up inventory space without being attacked. The point of those is to not have to leave your map to sell things.

I like the idea behind making bot leechers and the occasional actual botter die (although killing a botter would be very rare) but I don't know why these need to spawn right when you are entering a map, or why they need to cast a potion block right away.
    Booberpuppy
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    My question before I make up my mind is:

When you've reached sufficient AF for you to take only 1 damage from the regular mobs...
    are these flying monsters still a problem?

I took off my pets, and just stood in the middle of the map and let the flying thing go to town on me.
    1.5minutes in and I was still above 50% of my hp.

I personally don't see how this is one shotting people, I thought it dealt a set portion of Hp% damage. Aren't you attacking mobs when you enter the map? If you can rush past them, why don't you attack them as you're moving across the map? I'm just trying to understand how its killing people, because I've not heard anyone complain other then here and (Maybe?) Reddit.
    These flying mobs are in DWT and in Haven.. they aren't new.. in fact, haven has meteors to top off the whole thing.

The flying mobs hit for 10% of your HP (per hit, and I think they bump into you once a second unless you knock them back), and inflict Potion Lock.
    I don't know what class you are or what kind of passive healing you have, but I have died to these mobs on both Hero and Kanna, all while having enough Arcane Power to take only 1 HP damage from the normal mobs in the map.

The potion lock is what makes them a lot more dangerous than the Haven and DWT mobs. Pet auto-HP will keep you alive in those other areas, but not in Arcane River.

As for how they kill people, you obviously didn't read what people wrote above, but I'll summarize:

Scenario 1:
    Person with less than 1.5x Arcane Force than the map requires, and not able to 1-hit everything on the map, is walking to a training map of choice. Every time they enter a map, a flying mob spawns in their face and instantly inflicts 10% HP damage and potion lock. The other mobs in the map do their own damage, which is pretty hefty, while the person is trying to walk or tele or FJ through to the portal at the other end - and when they enter it they are greeted by yet another anti-AFK mob, etc.

Scenario 2:
    Person is training and suddenly hears the baby crying in the other room. Runs to check on them. Comes back a few minutes later to a ghost.

Scenario 3: (not mentioned in this thread, but I've seen people complain about it on reddit)
    An Elite Boss and its two elite mobs spawn, and the anti-afk mob does too (which it seems to do when people tele into the map). The anti-afk mob's potion lock, on top of whatever tricks the Elites have, and the general chaos of people and monsters using skills, causes person confusion and death.

Booberpuppy
  • XemnXemn
    Reactions: 510
    edited March 2017
    This is form of punishment to all players plain and simple. There are no benefits to the normal legit player for this and it prevents nothing to us. The hacker/botter going to bypass this countermeasure system always with new program. These mobs need to come out of the game through Nexon now. Come on and get rid of them already.