[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Multi Clients

xMuramasaxMuramasa
Reactions: 650
edited March 2017 in General Chat
This question has been asked and answered before but id like an answer now too.

Why is it exactly we are not allowed to use 2 clients on the same computer?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    It used to be possible (by using mutliple Windows users), and then one day it didn't work anymore. Nexon never told us why.
    As far as I know (too lazy to search), there is nothing in the ToU that mentions it.

The assumption of the community is that it's blocked because Nexon believes it limits the amount of bots a meso farmer can run to the amount of physical computers they have.
    Needless to say, that is not the case. Hackers have long since figured out ways to multi-client anyway.

It has been speculated that the current removal of direct launch will stop the botters.
    Personally I don't think it will work. They will be able to continue running as many clientless bots as their hardware can tolerate, if not immediately after GameLauncher removal, then within weeks at most.

But I digress.
    TL;DR: Legit users can't do it because Nexon doesn't want meso-farmers doing it.
  • xMuramasaxMuramasa
    Reactions: 650
    edited March 2017
    I would be happy to be able to use 1 extra - as im sure 100s of others would be too, wanting to farm right now with my kanna but i cant because a friend has borrowed my laptop.