[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

can you buy nx with paypal/credit card?

BarfonwhalesBarfonwhales
Reactions: 1,375
edited March 2017 in General Chat
just came back since v patch released and im still unable to buy any nx with my credit card. the account was made a while ago few months at the least but it just gives me an error message saying "you reached your limit, try again tomorrow ( shows a date and time which is the next day). i tried this when i last played and it just gave me another error message.

any ideas if you can still purchase nx this way or is it just karma coins now? don't want to risk trying so many times im tired of calling the bank to remove holds on my credit card for failed transactions.

Comments

• DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited March 2017
    I'd go KK for now. Nexon tends to mess up some when they update
  • BarfonwhalesBarfonwhales
    edited March 2017
    yea i think if you bought with credit cards as well your restricted to gifting at least thats how it used to be. im just lazy to go to the store to buy a card.
  • FlouFlou
    Reactions: 620
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    There's a couple gaming websites that sells KarmaKoins online, quite fast and you don't hv to leave your house
    edited March 2017
    Flou wrote: »
    There's a couple gaming websites that sells KarmaKoins online, quite fast and you don't hv to leave your house

are they legal and reliable? i have not had good experience with 3rd party sites.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Flou wrote: »

are they legal and reliable? i have not had good experience with 3rd party sites.

PCGameSupply.com are. Even our ex-CM buys from them: https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/60upva/anybody_knows_how_to_fix_this_nexon_dont_want_to/dfa973e/?context=3
    DaisukeHaruto
    edited March 2017
    thanks i just went to the store and bought some. forgot there is a 7-11 right up the road from where i work. sucks though they only take cash for the card now idk why
  • EnepttasticEnepttastic
    Reactions: 420
    edited March 2017
    I've bought from PCGameSupply a few times myself via paypal. Hadn't had an issue with em. Has generally taken no more than a couple of minutes to get the code after purchasing. Although I do think there was some sort of verification I had to do on the first purchase but it's been awhile so I'm not 100% on it.

As for physical stores requiring cash for cards, that's not terribly uncommon. I know several stores have had similar policies when it comes to purchasing pre-paid cards.
  • ZambookiiZambookii
    Reactions: 815
    edited March 2017
    If u wanna use paypal just google karma koin paypal. And u recieve the code right away.
    edited March 2017
    it's weird to use cash for those cards i've bought many types including karma cards never did they only accept cash for it. doesn't bother me though but back when they first came out they would charge me for tax ironically or i guess a activation fee but that was years ago now they don't.