[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Give all classes a many-hit skill

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Many events, and some permanent content, have enemies that take a fixed amount of damage at every hit. This is intended to make these enemies equally difficult to all characters, regardless of level or power.
However, these enemies are unfairly more tedious to classes that normally hit few lines of high damage (like AB), compared to classes that normally hit many lines of low damage (like DW).

To make things truly fair for all, I suggest adding a new skill to the game. It will be a beginner skill that any character can acquire, through a quest. The skill will hit 15 lines of 1% damage. The low damage is to make sure the skill is useless for normal hunting or bossing, so it will not break game balance. Fixed-damage enemies will, of course, take their usual fixed damage from each line of this skill.

Comments

• SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited April 2017
    I think it would be easier to just make the event enemies just only hittable by Basic/Normal attacks (Not skills), DMG is equal to all characters doesn't matter what range you have.

Ofcourse there will be a small difference with people with faster attack speed, but the world would be boring without any difference between players.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    I think it would be easier to just make the event enemies just only hittable by Basic/Normal attacks (Not skills), DMG is equal to all characters doesn't matter what range you have.

That could work, providing these enemies' HP was drastically lowered. Right now it seems to be scaled on the assumption that you do about 10 hits per second and takes way too long if you don't.
  • MonsterLifeMonsterLife
    Reactions: 570
    edited April 2017
    I feel like this is already pretty fair in its current state...Its true ABS have a few lines if you only use that one skill that does like 3 lines..however if u used different skills that proc those orb thingies..forgot what they're called then it should be fine. Also i dont think Dawn warriors really hit fast...I know it looks like they a lot of lps.. but they really dont, theres many classes that to do and its fairly balanced in event that these happen. There generally only a few seconds different in clear speeds unless you're a beginner main, then thats just your fault.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    I feel like this is already pretty fair in its current state...Its true ABS have a few lines if you only use that one skill that does like 3 lines..however if u used different skills that proc those orb thingies..forgot what they're called then it should be fine. Also i dont think Dawn warriors really hit fast...I know it looks like they a lot of lps.. but they really dont, theres many classes that to do and its fairly balanced in event that these happen. There generally only a few seconds different in clear speeds unless you're a beginner main, then thats just your fault.

Dawn Warriors hit 3x as many lines per second as Heroes.
    And it's only going to get worse with Beyond, because with the removal of the damage cap, Nexon decided to revert some old changes that gave many classes more hits in return for less damage per hit. And it makes sense - until we come to these fixed-damage mobs.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited April 2017
    Marksmans are also pretty bad at this kind of situation, max of 6lines in one attack(beyond will help a bit), still overall annoying when this come and other jobs like Bowmasters can kill in 1/3 of the time.