[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Filtering the chatbox

Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
Reactions: 6,020
edited April 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
This is not regarding the current filter system that blocks out certain words. This is about the hundreds of different messages by all other systems that is item related or broadcast related.

Many people have argued that there should be a way to filter out the chatbox.
bRaNrRw.png
I have blurred out parts of the picture to prevent any unwanted attention or advertising.

The tabs that can swap in-between different types of chats are not enough due to certain text being able to pass through such as Cash Shop Surprise Style Boxes and Super Megaphones.

5aBo6N3.png
Again, I have blurred out parts of the picture to prevent any unwanted attention or advertising.

This is a fully stretched chat and not a single one of these messages were by a user within my buddy list, guild, alliance, party, whisper, etc.

How about making an check-box opinion to filter out messages such as:
  • Cash Shop Surprise Style Box/Maplehood
  • Nebulite Box
  • Broadcast message that person looted a rare item dropped from a monster
  • Super/Regular Megaphone
  • Item Super Megaphone
  • Event related

I honestly believe most users don't need this much unwanted spam in chats and should be able to filter out those messages.
mjgj96
  1. Do you agree with this suggestion?13 votes
    1. Yes.
       100% (13 votes)
    2. No.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• BellamazedBellamazed
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited April 2017
    Yes! The chat box is so spammy it's difficult to follow conversations!
    I find it frustrating that even trivial things like mesos gained have been added to the chat box. What was wrong with them being along side exp gains? It's a nightmare.
  • BladesingerBladesinger
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited April 2017
    The surprise style box/gachapon/meister etc. announcements are utterly unnecessary. I have never wanted to see that and I don't think I ever will. If somebody wins something, good for them... the only reason I can think of that it's still there is to advertise, but in actuality it drives people away.
    Bellamazed
  • RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited April 2017
    I mean, you can filter out box and gach announcements by turning on the "Combat" tab, so I guess that's a start. Only downside is that it mutes everything else.