[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Damage skin storage expansions

KerBansotKerBansot
Reactions: 1,635
edited April 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I've had to pretty much delete all the damage skins from last year to make room for the ones this year. It would be great if we can expand our damage skin storage further. Note that this is available in KMS so people can enjoy all the damage skins they want. We copy their damage skin overload yet we have nowhere to put them.

With the current limitation, it's really demotivating to do events for damage skins. Even less motivating to roll damage skin boxes.

1. 30 slots is more than enough.
       6% (1 vote)
    2. I ran out of slots a long time ago or have almost "no" space left.
       94% (15 votes)
    3. I don't utilize this content
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Our damage skin storage predates KMS's, and is better in that we get 30 slots for free whereas they have to pay real cash for less space than that.

However, I agree that we should have a way to expand it. Much like with chairs, Nexon has realized that we love these things and they don't cause power creep, so they give us more and more of them with every event - but don't consider that we've long since run out of space for new ones.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    edited April 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Our damage skin storage predates KMS's, and is better in that we get 30 slots for free whereas they have to pay real cash for less space than that.

Oh. Had no idea. Tbh, I wouldn't mind paying real cash to expand DS slots. I did the same for inventory expansions before they included slot expansions in events. It's still better than today where it's literally impossible to progress collection wise. :P
    However, I agree that we should have a way to expand it. Much like with chairs, Nexon has realized that we love these things and they don't cause power creep, so they give us more and more of them with every event - but don't consider that we've long since run out of space for new ones.

They're also making money out of it via the damage skin boxes. This limit is affecting sales. I myself didn't go nuts on the boxes because I have nowhere to put them. The ones I have so far from the boxes (that thankfully do not expire) are literally just rotting in a storage mule.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    KerBansot wrote: »

They're also making money out of it via the damage skin boxes. This limit is affecting sales. I myself didn't go nuts on the boxes because I have nowhere to put them. The ones I have so far from the boxes (that thankfully do not expire) are literally just rotting in a storage mule.

Exactly the same issue as chairs and Gachapon.
    KerBansot
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    edited April 2017
    KerBansot wrote: »

Exactly the same issue as chairs and Gachapon.

I suppose we're screwed then. The increased storage didn't really help the chairs situation. I still have mine spread out on 4 mules. I guess it didn't affect sales that much so they didn't really care to "fix" it until KMS "did". Sad.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited April 2017
    I agree that we should have a way to save more damage skins now.

Forwarded.

• MonsterLifeMonsterLife
    Reactions: 570
    edited April 2017
    With the increasing amount of skins i think it should be better that we have a way to expand slots, like 5k RP for 1 more space i'd buy that. Also would be great if we could increase some items stacks in inventory or inv size, e.g. maple leaves(soon)/spell trace, the items that most players have at least 5 or more slots filled with :C
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited April 2017

also gonna add that theirs only has a max cap of like 15 or 20 skins total vs ours which has a max cap of 30 and all for free

I would like to use their UI but keep the rest of our system the same along with an increase to the cap to maybe 100 skins
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    edited April 2017
    Had no idea a poll was attached.

Actually I was gonna say that they should just make the damage skin system similar to mounts wherein you double click and it's saved. But I just realized that
    1. The current damage skin UI might be preferred (although I don't think it makes that much of a difference and the current one is a scroll/click hell).
    2. The mount storage seem to be limited to 30 slots. Or is it just me?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    The mount system is bugged, though. We often see people complaining that "permanent" mounts disappeared out of it.
    Until that's fixed, I would not recommend using the same system for anything else, be it damage skins or chairs.