[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Burning event dosen't work

DalinarDalinar
Reactions: 100
edited May 2017 in Bug Reporting
Popped the burning event item and chosed my char. Leveled from 60-62 with no extra level given at level up. Character still glows red at char selection.

Wildhunter
Level 62
Luna
Made account today

Comments

• DalinarDalinar
    edited May 2017
    I'm a wild hunter btw.
  • KannaDonkieKannaDonkie
    edited May 2017
    I got the exact same problem.
  • TsukiBakaTsukiBaka
    Reactions: 1,410
    edited May 2017
    Burning event is not occurring right now. The next burning event begins on June 7th. Character is glowing because it was a burning character during a previous event. Since the LEVELing Burning event is over, you do not gain the benefits. Your character is simply considered as a burning character.

Just in case as well, when the next burning event arrives, your current burning character(s) do not gain the benefits. Only the newest character you make to be a burning character will gain its benefits.

Edit//: You said you made your account today.. but it was level 60? Afaik, burning characters only work when they are brand new.
  • PerceptivityPerceptivity
    Reactions: 2,820
    edited May 2017
    I shall forward this issue!
  • DalinarDalinar
    edited May 2017
    TsukiBaka wrote: »
    Burning event is not occurring right now. The next burning event begins on June 7th. Character is glowing because it was a burning character during a previous event. Since the LEVELing Burning event is over, you do not gain the benefits. Your character is simply considered as a burning character.

Just in case as well, when the next burning event arrives, your current burning character(s) do not gain the benefits. Only the newest character you make to be a burning character will gain its benefits.

Edit//: You said you made your account today.. but it was level 60? Afaik, burning characters only work when they are brand new.

It is occuring for players with new accounts. Check out the full list of events.
  • DalinarDalinar
    edited May 2017
    Level 60 Achievement Gift
    Level 60 Equipment Support Box: Untradeable, 7-day duration
    Burning Character Selection Coupon (7 Days): Untradeable.
    On Reboot world, receive 2x EXP Coupon (30 minutes) (x3) instead.
  • AlpacaRageeAlpacaRagee
    Reactions: 200
    edited May 2017
    Any word on this? It's been 5 days. I need to level my Kishin mule. :(
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2017
    somone in my guild didnt even get the new account gifts
  • micotawfikmicotawfik
    edited May 2017
    Hey! I went on my Evan because I saw that the burn was fixed in the update...but It wasn't! I mean the character selection screen still says my Evan is burning, but I STILL get one level. This really sucks because I'm now level 122 and I've had to do all of this without the burn. Any idea what's going on?
  • KeffKeff
    edited May 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    micotawfik wrote: »
    Hey! I went on my Evan because I saw that the burn was fixed in the update...but It wasn't! I mean the character selection screen still says my Evan is burning, but I STILL get one level. This really sucks because I'm now level 122 and I've had to do all of this without the burn. Any idea what's going on?

Was this made burning before the maintenance?

I believe only newly issued coupons would be corrected at this point.

really? always the same, good job nexon. Now I have a false burning character
  • micotawfikmicotawfik
    edited May 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    micotawfik wrote: »

Was this made burning before the maintenance?

I believe only newly issued coupons would be corrected at this point.

That's very upsetting. I was so excited to make this account, because I've never burned a character before, and I wanted the experience. I really don't know what sort of compensation, if there is any, could make up for a screw up like this. I mean this is literally just screwing over everyone who made their accounts because you guys advertised something and did not deliver it. A few 2x coupons will certainly not be a proper compensation for gaining 3 levels for 90 levels. Why not just let us burn another character on the same account?