[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Ice/Lightning 5th Job (Ice Age) causes DC

iiNebulaiiNebula
Reactions: 400
edited May 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug Type: Disconnect/Crash

Brief Bug Summary: You will DC if you use Ice Age in a large group of mobs that won't die quickly to the damage ticks of Ice Age

More details: As far as I know this problem has been around since V patch. And able to be reproduced 100% of the time. It is a widely known issue. A lot more reliably reproduced with Kishin Shoukan in any of the Arcane River maps, with an Ice/Lightning mage that does not instantly kill the mobs with the constant tick damage.

Steps to Reproduce: Have Kishin Shoukan active in the map and use Ice Age letting the mobs die slowly to tick damage. (Very easily reproduced with an abnormally high number of mobs in map being affected by Ice Age's tick damage).

Character Name: LaTiddles

Character Level: 210

Character Job: Ice/Lightning ArchMage

World Name: Reboot

Date and Time of Incident: At any time I try to train with Kishin Shoukan active in the same map (and occasionally without as well).

Comments

• QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited May 2017
    are you sure you aren't lagging?
  • iiNebulaiiNebula
    Reactions: 400
    edited May 2017
    Yes, I am sure I'm not lagging. If you google "i/l ice age dc" a number of forum threads as well as Reddit threads pop up with similar issues over the last few months since V patch.