[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Gollux 1HKO Arm invisible

TooFab4UTooFab4U
Reactions: 200
edited May 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Bossing, Gameplay

Brief bug summary :During my Gollux runs, I occasionally find that the Gollux Arm that immediately kills you does not appear. I've experienced this in both my Easy and Normal runs, which makes the boss fight basically impossible unless I have the damage to quickly kill it, such as in Easy mode.

More details: Tried several runs and tried restarting the game client and still have this issue. This issue does not always happen, as I've only started completing this boss recently, but have found it to happen on many occasions.

(anything not included in the other sections of your report)

Steps to reproduce: Upon entry to the Gollux Head and fighting the head, the arm animation that needs to be dodged to prevent instant death does not show, leading to instant death.

(if not covered in the summary)

Character name: LuckyInMyLuv

Character level: 189

Character job: Aran

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: 20/05/2017 Approx 12pm GMT+1

(mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time)

Comments

• SlatymateSlatymate
    Reactions: 2,150
    edited May 2017
    Could you...
    1. Do a full computer shutdown?
    2. Update your integrated/dedicated graphic card drivers?

It could be something else, but I need more feedback concerning this issue. On my side, I couldn't replicate the bug.
    Invulgo
  • TooFab4UTooFab4U
    edited May 2017
    I can't run the boss right now, but if it helps these are my computer specs and driver version as of now:
    CPU: i5-6500
    RAM: DDR4 16GB 2133Mhz
    Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 1060
    Driver Version: 378.78
    Game is running on an SSD.
    Currently using Windows 10, pre creators update.

About the shutdown, I've had this problem a couple days ago also so this isn't a one time occurrence.
    Will update my graphics drivers to the latest version and see if that helps though.
  • BaydenNBaydenN
    Reactions: 660
    edited May 2017
    Just to add my 2 cents. I have noticed something similar when gollux's head changes from left to right quickly, no animation will show when he will raise his hand (if he decides to). Althought i see the hand itself, just not the warning animation. Not sure if this is along the sames lines as original poster though.
  • TooFab4UTooFab4U
    edited May 2017
    Still having this issue after a full shutdown and a graphics driver update. Filmed a video of this below.
    Issue happens at 2:45 and 3:45, recorded the full run to show the steps I've made.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited May 2017
    TooFab4U wrote: »
    Still having this issue after a full shutdown and a graphics driver update. Filmed a video of this below.
    Issue happens at 2:45 and 3:45, recorded the full run to show the steps I've made.
    In the time-frames you pointed out the attacks were not the hands that killed you. What happened was when you get hit by vacuum/suck attack a seduce status effect forces the player to walk towards the middle of the head, which is instant-death and heals the boss. Similar to Crimson Queen's Alluring Mirror.

I don't see any issues of the one you mentioned in this video.
  • TooFab4UTooFab4U
    edited May 2017
    I see, that makes much more sense now. Usually i'd get hit in the middle so I assumed it was the arm 1hko, didn't realise he had an attack like that. Thanks for the help.
  • SlatymateSlatymate
    Reactions: 2,150
    edited May 2017
    Yup, this is a Gollux mechanic. There is no bug here.

If you kill the abdomen, Gollux won't be able to use his vacuum attack.