[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Why doesn't nexon investigate FM shops?

Comments

• JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    :*
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited June 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    Peep wrote: »
    Shops still an issue but lets also bring up anouther. Players soloing Lucid on multiple accounts. There aren't a great deal of groups that can clear Lucid legit. You should be keeping an eye on Lucid clears. You'd get a lot of hackers that way too. Hackers farming Lucid on multiple characters so they make bank when the 24 weeks are up.

Hopefully arwooo is reading this thread and forwarding to the appropriate team. There is good stuff in here such as this quoted post.

Don't count on it. I don't think Nexon has it in them to ban people who have spent hundreds/thousands on NX. The ToS is just there to state what can or can't be done but i truly believe that behind the scenes, when it comes to selling in-game items for $$, they're perfectly okay with that since it stimulates the economy. Of course... a mod or even the CM himself will probably be strictly against this and reply saying it's not true. But words do not speak stronger than actions and all their actions so far have been pro-selling ingame items for $$.
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited June 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Neospector wrote: »
    xparasite9 wrote: »
    there's literally a policy put in place that GMs usually aren't even allowed to look inside players' shops

Please do not claim things about Nexon's policies that don't have a source; there is absolutely no evidence to suggest such a policy.

I'm not even sure where that came from, honestly, as even if this was true (and it's probably not), they have confirmed (implicitly and explicitly) back-end detection methods for tracking items and mesos and the players who trade them.
    Because in all my time playing I have never heard of any such policy or anything remotely indicative of such policy.

Which brings us full circle: if they have back-end detection, what do they need us to report suspicious shops for?

Basically Back end Detection has to be ran, it might take a long time because it will spit out information not always helpful. But narrow it down to a name or list of names and then the search is reduced and confirmation found faster. Assuming Nexon's works the same as the one I was introduced to a few years ago, it's basically a beast of a program and a resource hog that you want to use and get it over with as fast as you can so you only run it if you feel absolutely necessary.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2017
    But words do not speak stronger than actions

Actions definitely speak louder than words. Such as my act of telling you not to repeatedly spread FUD and state Nexon's intentions for them. Don't do it, please.

Selling items for real money is against the terms of service and, no, does not "stimulate the economy" (what even). If you see someone in-game selling items for real money, report them (it's against the rules), and possibly most importantly, don't buy from them (it's not even a good deal to begin with).
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Not having any luck lately with reports unfortunately.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited June 2017
    i just posted how ppl duping right now frenzy totems in scania and admin deleted this post... lame
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    July wrote: »
    i just posted how ppl duping right now frenzy totems in scania and admin deleted this post... lame

They forwarded it to Nexon, but they don't want players knowing this is going on.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited June 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    July wrote: »

They forwarded it to Nexon, but they don't want players knowing this is going on.

i see thanks for letting me know.. they could send me a private message or something.. but nvm..

Seeing this stuff in-game makes me feel sad and mad at same time..