[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Hayato's skills need some change

Comments

• SaekiSenpaiSaekiSenpai
    Reactions: 1,175
    edited May 2017
    Still sounds busted to me to make elements do 1 damage, and Hero's Cry Valhalla has a sec cd of 210 compared to God of Blade's 90 which also gives ATK compared to Cry Valhalla's cappable crit rate of +50%.

I also still don't see why it's such a big issue not to cast a buff while another is active so it's not cancelled out.

But I'll digress a bit if you can consider a different proposal than just stack the buffs or make one a smart buff (as cancelling cast of either buff to make one active makes this entire conversation moot).
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited May 2017
    Keep in mind that Cry Valhalla used to be identical to GoB, but KMS decided to make CV more useful at one point (also, it's 150 seconds now) and gave it additional effects. Very few attacks are actually elemental, and even fewer of those actually make a significant difference (the only boss I can think of off the top of my head is Crimson Queen's flame + poison circle).

And I'd maybe agree with you on that second point if you didn't get it the other way around: typically people have more of an issue with God of Blades canceling out Iron Skin rather than the other way around, since God of Blades gives additional effects besides Status/Elemental Resistance, and I can imagine most Hayatos have Iron Skin macroed to two other skills. It's not like people should just not use God of Blades because Iron Skin is active; that makes no sense due to GoB's extra boosts and it having a short duration + a cooldown.

The best solution I'd think of, honestly, is to just make Iron Skin passive, or just make God of Blades work as a different skill altogether. Of course we'd have to wait for JapanMS to decide upon that, but it would work the best.
  • SaekiSenpaiSaekiSenpai
    Reactions: 1,175
    edited May 2017
    Making Iron Skin passive would seem to solve the issue as it, like Hero's Endure, just increases resistances. Maybe instead of giving ele resistance as well, GoB could make Battoujutsu Advance deal extra damage to make it more viable, similar again to CV buffing Raging Blow, though considering Battoujutsu Advance is combining 8 skills into one button essentially, would be hard to work it out.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited May 2017
    My solution for it could be to make GoB temporarily fill the bar while giving boosts from both stances at once (it really isn't super OP if you look at the final output), with an increased cooldown, but make it that you can't continuously spam Summer Rain or the new V skill.