[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Look of the Month - May Winner Announcement

ArwooArwoo
Reactions: 17,755
edited May 2017 in Contests and Events
Bonjour, Maplers!

I must say, clearly our contestants have clearly stepped up to the spotlight with this month's roster of winners to choose from.
Eskalade won't be giving his creepy thoughts with this month's winners announcement, but if you guys enjoyed him, I suppose we could invite him back? In any case, we'd like to present the Mapler who took this month's contest under their belt:
Grand Prize Winner

Soeft:
tMbGSSD.png

What screams perfection from Soeft? Just about everything. The look gives off a very soft and innocent vibe with bright colors. It feels as though one of the flowers sprung to life into a calm and serene world.
Runner Ups

Aran:

sx4vqh4.png

Achieving a look of mystery with bright colors can be difficult to achieve, but Aran brings it. This mystical look resembles something out of Hayao Miyazaki's Princess Mononoke.

Cielli:
lL4Y2kP.png

Absolutely trendy. From head to toe, Cielli takes what's hot and turns it into a gothic school gal theme. You can't help but always get that one person in your class...

Qino:
3p05lbe.jpg

It doesn't always require the glamor of the big town city folks to win over the hearts of fashion lovers. Qino shows us that a farmer can be adorable while putting in the hard work that comes with the job. A great mix of colors, look, and theme.

Thank you to everyone who participated in May's Look of the Month contest and don't be discouraged if you didn't win!
I do want to say that MANY of the entries that were in this contest were neck and neck with the spot of Grand Prize Winner and Runner Up.

If you did not win this month's contest, we'd love to see your entry again within this upcoming month!
Winners are NOT permitted to enter the same look in future Look of the Month contests, however, this rule does not apply for those who have yet to hold a winning look.

At the end of the day, what's most important is that you love how you look. You can't make everyone happy, but what's important is your very own happiness! We'll be sending out the prizes before 6/13/2017, please contact us if you do not receive your Maple Points by the specified date.

Winners:
    Grand Prize:
  • Soeft - 35,000 Maple Points

Runner Ups:
  • Aran - 10,000 Maple Points
  • Cielli - 10,000 Maple Points
  • Qino - 10,000 Maple Points
JettLuvsUTriforceNoctesFictional

Comments

• IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited May 2017
    Hey that's pretty good.
  • DuzzDuzz
    Reactions: 1,360
    edited May 2017
    oo these are nice

• PharrettPharrett
    Reactions: 940
    edited May 2017
    eyyy I win very gord.
  • SaptaZaptaSaptaZapta
    Reactions: 710
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Congratulations to the winners.

Arwoo wrote: »
    Winners are NOT permitted to enter the same look in future Look of the Month contests, however, this rule does not apply for those who have yet to hold a winning look.

Ah, a new rule.
    I made it a point to read the rules very carefully before submitting my entry, because I did win Look of the Month about a year and a half ago, on the old forums that can no longer be accessed.
    So does the new rule apply to all winners ever, or just to winners of this incarnation - on these forums - of the contest?

Also, what counts as "same look"? I did change my hairstyle since then...
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited May 2017
    I'm aware that this contest had run in the past, but we're starting a new documentation of winners starting from April.
    Winners before the month of April are free to enter.

We're actually planning to have a big contest with all the past winners of the new Look of the Month down the line.
  • BruiseBruise
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited May 2017
    I don't know. These are nice, but it isn't much different from anything I have already seen.

Maybe it's a tall order for me to say this given the current state of the population and how most of the new nx is hidden behind the premium nx box paywall, but perhaps we can get something more fresh.

Also, personally, it would seem redundant to me if some of the old winners won again with the same look since I can recognize all of the previous winners.

This format without Eskalade seems better, and I can understand the descriptions. That's good.