[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Is mercedes link skill actually worth it?

YuuikoYuuiko
Reactions: 1,130
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2017 in General Chat
Title says it all, I made a merc for the burning event and I'm just looking for an excuse to delete her now.

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2017
    Yuuiko wrote: »
    Title says it all, I made a merc for the burning event and I'm just looking for an excuse to delete her now.

not really to tell you the truth. level 70 for the 10% would be the most efficient and worth the time. 50 levels for a 5% increase is time you couldve spent training the character you want to use the link on. 100k exp would net you 10k. 10k exp at high levels isnt even .1%. To top it off, the link slot also could be used for something more useful once youre high levels, mercedes link i would say is to train 100-150/170, after that the gains is essentially absent. the slot should then be replaced with something more useful for either bossing like spirit of freedom or something else. I no longer use mercedes link on my main. Gains the same amount of exp without it than it does with it.
    YuuikoSlyElement
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    It's worth it.

Say it normally takes you X number of hours to level a character to 120.
    You just spent X/3 on Mercedes.
    You have 11 other mules to level to 120, which would have taken 11*X, but now will take you 15% less than that, so only about 9.57*X. It would have been worth it even if you hadn't burned the Mercedes.

And then there's your main. You are going to be spending many hundreds of hours training it. 15% of that is hundreds of hours of grind you'll be saving yourself.
    Thinh
    edited June 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    It's worth it.

You have 11 other mules to level to 120, which would have taken 11*X, but now will take you 15% less than that, so only about 9.57*X. It would have been worth it even if you hadn't burned the Mercedes.

And then there's your main. You are going to be spending many hundreds of hours training it. 15% of that is hundreds of hours of grind you'll be saving yourself.

all depends if they play maple religiously. if theyre new, theres a higher probability theyll give up on the game as theres too much to "catch up" on. and with the burning maps and runes the mercedes link is left in the shadows since it yields no benefit at 1-100
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    It's worth it.

all depends if they play maple religiously. if theyre new, theres a higher probability theyll give up on the game as theres too much to "catch up" on. and with the burning maps and runes the mercedes link is left in the shadows since it yields no benefit at 1-100

If you're going to quit in a month then it doesn't matter what you do, at all.

OP already made their Mercedes. Deleting her would be a waste. Especially with the "request failed" bug that's likely to make them unable to burn another character if they do delete the Mercedes.
    Mawg
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited June 2017
    It's not that hard to get any class to 120, so lv 2 is worth it.

Hardcore players will bother getting a merc to 210 though just for 5% more exp.
    Mawg
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited June 2017
    Getting one to lv120 is absolutely worth it.
    Any future character you make will get 15% exp. for free which will save you time in the long run.
    Mawg
    edited June 2017
    it's not 15% extra you get in accumulation. 15% of the exp youre getting, I ran some tests on 40 characters and the gains are more like an extra 1.5% in training.
  • MawgMawg
    Reactions: 1,350
    edited May 2021
    Well, with a modern (4 years after this post), it is trivial to burn to level 150 in a day and 190 to 200 the next day, so max 3 days, a long weekend, go get to 200.

Getting to 210 can take a little longer (I always have problems with 5th job on Mercedes, I don't know why), but it's worth it for the extra 5% and you are almost there. I generally do 1/2 hour a day, let them get the Sunday 2x from Monster Park to speed it up a little).

If you don't want to, then just take it 120, which takes on a few burning hours, but I now have 2 @ level 210 and 5 or 6 @ 120 just to give my mules experience.

Of course, you don't *need* multiple level 210, as you can keep transferring the link skill (max once a day?), but I am too lazy to switch, so just made one for each of my 2 mains.
This discussion has been closed.