[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Crashing] when entering cash shop & auctionhouse

AirtomAirtom
Reactions: 820
edited June 2017 in Tech Support
To put it simple, every time I try to enter the cash shop or auction house, my screen goes black and basically stops responding (although I still hear in game music). I have a feeling it has to do with changing resolution from in game to cash shop/AH/etc...

I figured out that it mostly happens when I play Maplestory through windowed mode. When I play on full screen, the crash occurs less. I dislike playing Maple in full screen, and if anyone has a fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Also here are some things I've tried:

• Changing compatibility mode for windows xp/7/8
  • Turning off all firewalls antivirus anti malware software
  • Allowing maple through the firewall and network
  • Reinstalling
  • Launching through steam
  • Launching through nexon launcher

I'll edit more if I tried more, thanks

Comments

• andyto2andyto2
    Reactions: 200
    edited July 2017
    I have this exact problem as well only on a specific character (my main >.>) on my account. I haven't tried any of those thing besides just repairing install.

I sometimes get an error message that says Microsoft c++ runtime error nexon/appdata/maplestory.exe
  • andyto2andyto2
    edited July 2017
    welp any1 know a way to receive a cash shop item without entering the cash shop? Was hoping to buy 2x cards foir this 2x..
  • andyto2andyto2
    edited July 2017
    do you have this on your other characters or just that 1?

Also my character can go in the auction house its just the cash shop

Also have you ever had special help from a GM like them adding something manually to your inventory or deleting something?
  • andyto2andyto2
    edited July 2017
    fixed my issue turns out I had a cs item bug. Not the same at all as the ops issue