[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Change GMS times to GMS

phrant1cphrant1c
Reactions: 500
edited July 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
We all know EU had to server migrate to GMS last year. EU got little gifts and the server times all accommodated to them. Active GMS players got nothing. I do not think this is right. If EU changed to GMS why does GMS have to conform to EU's server reset? This seems ridiculous to me. I think if EU had to migrate servers, and were given accommodations for it, they should have to deal with our server resets. I think the server reset should be at midnight at an old GMS time, normally between Pacific and Eastern time zones. It seems ridiculous that GMS (originally a NA server) resets half way though the afternoon. I would like to see the servers reset at the old GMS time or I would like to see old GMS players getting accommodating for this horrible change.
-rant is done sorry-
  1. Which time zones should server resets be for?8 votes
    1. Original EU
       13% (1 vote)
    2. Original GMS
       88% (7 votes)

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited July 2017
    the server time isnt even set for what the EU server times use to have which was CET / CEST(Central European Time/ Central European (Summer) Time), nexon changed the server times UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) to try and accommodate everyone while failing at it, the EU players have less of an issue with it cause UTC is 2 hours behind currently cause it's summer but only 1 Hour behind during winter but even they have issues with time I hear.