[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can't open maplestory

AentoAento
Reactions: 500
edited July 2017 in Bug Reporting
When I press play, I did get the message of saying if I want it to make changes to the laptop, but when I press "yes" (which launches the game), I get a blank message saying nothing and when I press "ok" or delete the message, I exit maplestory. Any suggestions for fixing besides redownloading?

Comments

• LuzLuz
    Reactions: 1,210
    edited July 2017
    I'm having the same exact problem :/ I noticed of this today. Yesterday everything was fine.
  • YourSuperiorYourSuperior
    Reactions: 550
    edited July 2017
    Had this same issue a few days ago, ended up redownloading the game roughly 3 times before it randomly ended up working, trying the same fix now and hoping it just works.
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited July 2017
    There seem to be a few of these posts going around so I'll quote my post from another thread. If a mod wants to move and merge all the topics about this issue into one, that would probably also help. This is what has worked for me. No guarantees it will work for everyone and it is not a permanent fix. In fact I needed to do this again after maintenance today.
    Argent wrote: »
    If you mean you get the following
    iGu2Y9T.png
    I've had happen fairly often with the Nexon launcher. You can use the Steam launcher instead ( I haven't had any major issues with it ). Or you can take the following steps and it will usually fix things, for a while.
    1. Go to your games install folder. If you chose the default settings when installing that's going to be C:\Nexon\Library or press the little gear icon in the Launcher to bring up the game settings and click the "Open game location link"
    2. Go the games folder
    3. Rename the maplestory folder something else like maplestory1
    4. Press Play on the launcher
    5. The launcher should no longer see the game and begin to redownload the game. Press cancel, not pause.
    6. Open the game settings in the launcher and click uninstall
    7. If you kept the file explorer window open go back to it and change the name of the game install folder to something else like Games1
    8. Now open the Nexon launcher settings by clicking the arrow next to your profile picture.
    9. Scroll down to "Game installation location
    10. Click on "Change Folder"
    11. Select your newly renamed games folder. You will probably see an empty folder with the old name, this was created by the launcher, and you can delete it later.
    12. Go back to the maplestory folder and rename it back to just maplestory
    13. Press download on the Nexon launcher, it should verify that everything is in its proper place and switch to a "Play" button again
    14. Press play and if everything worked all the pathways will have been reassociated in the launcher and allow your to play again.

• LuzLuz
    Reactions: 1,210
    edited July 2017
    It doesnt work for me :(
  • AeriaukxAranAeriaukxAran
    Reactions: 100
    edited July 2017
    I'm having the same blank message issue. Tried everything I could think of and Argent's advice twice, nothing has worked to fix the issue yet.

Edit: Third time I tried Argent's advice it worked and everything appears to be fixed. They must have done something on last nights maintenance.
  • GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    :|

I got the blank "Ok" message just now.

I tried to relaunch the launcher, didn't work. Went into "Repair Installation" from the options menu, still nothing.

Earlier my launcher kept wanting to restart, I am thinking it is server side not client side, so best I can do now is try again later or tomorrow.

:|
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    What worked for me was delete maplestory from the folder the location is set to. (copy it of course to reuse it) then put the files back in. then click update, should work

Example: I have a nexon file in my G drive (flash drive) and my C drive

I set the install location from G drive, when this happened to me, I deleted the nexon files (maplestory since i play combat arms too) then logged off nexon launcher, then copied from c drive back into G drive, pressed update and the launcher just verified and then downloaded 16 mb then the play button appeared. I tried steam but it made my laptop freeze during dl and it had to restart, all that progress lost, I said, might as well try this, and it worked.
  • KnummisKnummis
    Reactions: 100
    edited July 2017
    I deleted maplestory and nexon launcher and installed on another harddisk then it worked for me. Dunno if it's old maple files that makes it not working correctly.
    edited July 2017
    Yeah. What could've happened was during the update, new temp files were created that causes this issue
  • BigBlackCannoneerBigBlackCannoneer
    Reactions: 650
    edited July 2017
    just waiting 17 hours for maintenance to then have this issue for the second time now, completely redownloading all files as we speak
    edited July 2017
    just waiting 17 hours for maintenance to then have this issue for the second time now, completely redownloading all files as we speak

It's not a maplestory (game client) issue, it's a launcher issue.
    edited July 2017

any way to resolve this issue?
    sadly the previous solutions no longer work
    edited July 2017

Nope, what I was told by 3 separate live GMs and support staff was to use steam while they investigated the launcher issues. It most likely wasnt fixed during the update was because the update was already written and they just implemented it. and nexon launcher is separate from the client.
    edited July 2017

Nope, what I was told by 3 separate live GMs and support staff was to use steam while they investigated the launcher issues. It most likely wasnt fixed during the update was because the update was already written and they just implemented it. and nexon launcher is separate from the client.

thanks a lot, hadn't even thought about using steam. at least i can play the game again now :)
    edited July 2017

thanks a lot, hadn't even thought about using steam. at least i can play the game again now :)

anything to help. One word of insight is, you will have to download maplestory through steam. But it is a sure thing that you wont have the issues.
    edited July 2017
    let me guess... i wont be able to use my own account now will i...?
    edited July 2017

anything to help. One word of insight is, you will have to download maplestory through steam. But it is a sure thing that you wont have the issues.
    let me guess... i wont be able to use my own account now will i...?

edited July 2017
    just did a bit of searching, should work just fine after all
    edited July 2017
    yeah youll be able to, itll link your nexon account to steam account, but you can only link one account
  • XclusiveXclusive
    Reactions: 200
    edited July 2017
    launch from steam, no problems.