[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nx Transfer Event Request

EriaMewEriaMew
Reactions: 320
edited July 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I'd like to request having able to transfer nx from other worlds, i used to play on windia back in the day and i have tons of perm nx their, i moved on to reboot and would love it if i can transfer all that stuff to my reboot character.
PetalmagicGreenSoup2HoT

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2017
    Oh my gosh someone I can agree with. I used to play Renegades and I have tons of NX there too. I really just want to transfer my perm NX to Reboot. I already bought the stuff...I just want to use it. Id even pay at this point...I just want to use my Cash stuff from Renegades...
  • DaxiDaxi
    Reactions: 1,800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I'm against this, there's a lot of P2W CS items people would be able to transfer into Reboot (I have perm hyper rocks etc, for example).

It would allow people in Reboot to trade perm NX, with both parties transferring the items to another server, trading them and then transferring them back.

Would be damaging to non-Reboot servers markets, many people have many hundreds of perm NX items they would attempt to sell in regular servers to turn into Maple Points they could then spend in Reboot.

It would allow people to buy the perm variety of pets in regular servers and transfer them into Reboot (regardless of your opinion on that, it's clearly not something Nexon wants).

There's 2 versions of many pets (ones with skills for Regular servers and ones without skills for Reboot) that could be transferred between servers, resulting in people in regular servers having pets that 'don't work' and people in Reboot getting stats they shouldn't be able to obtain.

Leads to the possibility of pet equips with stats coming to Reboot. Or Cubes etc making their way to Regular servers.

Allows people to farm free perm NX on multiple servers and transferring to a single server, bypassing the limits put in place by Nexon.
  • UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Not going to happen, you know it yourself
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited July 2017
    Daxi wrote: »
    I'm against this, there's a lot of P2W CS items people would be able to transfer into Reboot (I have perm hyper rocks etc, for example).

It would allow people in Reboot to trade perm NX, with both parties transferring the items to another server, trading them and then transferring them back.

Would be damaging to non-Reboot servers markets, many people have many hundreds of perm NX items they would attempt to sell in regular servers to turn into Maple Points they could then spend in Reboot.

It would allow people to buy the perm variety of pets in regular servers and transfer them into Reboot (regardless of your opinion on that, it's clearly not something Nexon wants).

There's 2 versions of many pets (ones with skills for Regular servers and ones without skills for Reboot) that could be transferred between servers, resulting in people in regular servers having pets that 'don't work' and people in Reboot getting stats they shouldn't be able to obtain.

Leads to the possibility of pet equips with stats coming to Reboot. Or Cubes etc making their way to Regular servers.

Allows people to farm free perm NX on multiple servers and transferring to a single server, bypassing the limits put in place by Nexon.

My idea was to just transfer over cash covers, no perm pets or cubes or that. Id even pay like 15k to transfer over all my equips (similar to an actual character transfer, but jsut cash equips) and its a one way system. Yes, you can buy equips with mesos in a world other than reboot...but that would stimulate the economy. I also would expect this to be limited time...similar to the other Cash transfer events.
  • DaxiDaxi
    Reactions: 1,800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    and its a one way system.

What would make the items only be able to be transferred once? Unless you're suggesting Nexon spend the dev time to create another set of identical items for literally every cosmetic ingame with a tag that prevents transfer, given to players after they transfer it one time.

How would people in regular servers know if the item has previously been transferred from another server? What if they're buying something specifically to transfer it to another server but are then unable to seemingly without any reason.
    Yes, you can buy equips with mesos in a world other than reboot... but that would stimulate the economy.

Not my concern, my concern is with people like me transferring 500+ cosmetic items to regular servers just to attempt to sell them for mesos that I can turn into Maplepoints.

Not only would it tank the trade value of cosmetics in regular servers but would also contribute to the declining value of mesos since it would increase the demand for Maplepoints considerably.

Flooding a very limited market with low price items does not stimulate an economy.
    I also would expect this to be limited time...similar to the other Cash transfer events.

Which one would inevitably expect to return, in the same way that people wait for DMT/Transfer events. If anything a time for Reboot players to dump their unwanted cosmetics 1-2 times per year would be even more damaging to regular servers markets.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited July 2017
    Daxi wrote: »
    and its a one way system.

What would make the items only be able to be transferred once? Unless you're suggesting Nexon spend the dev time to create another set of identical items for literally every cosmetic ingame with a tag that prevents transfer, given to players after they transfer it one time.

How would people in regular servers know if the item has previously been transferred from another server? What if they're buying something specifically to transfer it to another server but are then unable to seemingly without any reason.
    Yes, you can buy equips with mesos in a world other than reboot... but that would stimulate the economy.

Not my concern, my concern is with people like me transferring 500+ cosmetic items to regular servers just to attempt to sell them for mesos that I can turn into Maplepoints.

Not only would it tank the trade value of cosmetics in regular servers but would also contribute to the declining value of mesos since it would increase the demand for Maplepoints considerably.

Flooding a very limited market with low price items does not stimulate an economy.
    I also would expect this to be limited time...similar to the other Cash transfer events.

Which one would inevitably expect to return, in the same way that people wait for DMT/Transfer events. If anything a time for Reboot players to dump their unwanted cosmetics 1-2 times per year would be even more damaging to regular servers markets.
    My point was that you can only transfer TO Reboot...not from Reboot.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited July 2017
    This reminds me - I loaded a lot of CS gear on a character years ago for a world xfer event, they sent it to the wrong world, and never fixed it.

I'm gonna complain about it again.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited July 2017
    TheHoA wrote: »
    This reminds me - I loaded a lot of CS gear on a character years ago for a world xfer event, they sent it to the wrong world, and never fixed it.

I'm gonna complain about it again.

Hey...If I just got all my gear from Renegades on Reboot...Id be a very happy camper.