[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Bug] Override box event ended early

IcydropIcydrop
Reactions: 655
edited August 2017 in Bug Reporting
With the introduction of the Festival boxes dropping from monsters, the override box event has ended earlier than intended. According to the v.187 notes it should continue for about 2 more weeks
Override Box Event
UTC: July 19 (after maintenance) – August 22 at 11:59 PM

Requirement: Lv. 33 and above (to use the box)

Hunt monsters within your level range (10 levels below and 20 levels above) to collect Override Boxes!
Open these boxes to receive one Override Coin and a random item.
You can obtain up to 60 Override Coins per day from these boxes.
Source: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/24100/updated-v-187-override-venture-patch-notes#box

When I hunt monsters, they only drop Festival boxes but no Overide boxes

Comments

• SlatymateSlatymate
    Reactions: 2,150
    edited August 2017
    I don't have any screenshot, but I believe Event List in the game mentioned this event was ending the August 8 2017.
  • IcydropIcydrop
    edited August 2017
    Thank you for the reply. Is there a error in the patch notes then? Because clearly it says it ends on the 22nd Aug.

Why do we get double coins from over ride boxes during the festival Saturday perks if the boxes aren't dropping in the first place? On the patch notes it reads
    Festival Saturday Perk Event
    UTC: August 12 at 12:00 AM – August 12 at 11:59 PM
    UTC: August 19 at 12:00 AM – August 19 at 11:59 PM
    UTC: August 26 at 12:00 AM – August 26 at 11:59 PM

Enjoy various perks on each Saturday during the event period.
    Week 1 - August 12
    The chance to receive Magnificent Souls when trading in Soul Shards is 5x higher.
    The amount of daily free Monster Park entries is increased from 2 to 7.
    Earn double the amount of Override Coins when opening Override Boxes.
  • IcydropIcydrop
    edited August 2017
    Thank you for the reply. Is there a error in the patch notes then? Because clearly it says it ends on the 22nd Aug.

Why do we get double coins from over ride boxes during the festival Saturday perks if the boxes aren't dropping in the first place? On the patch notes it reads
    Festival Saturday Perk Event
    UTC: August 12 at 12:00 AM – August 12 at 11:59 PM
    UTC: August 19 at 12:00 AM – August 19 at 11:59 PM
    UTC: August 26 at 12:00 AM – August 26 at 11:59 PM

Enjoy various perks on each Saturday during the event period.
    Week 1 - August 12
    The chance to receive Magnificent Souls when trading in Soul Shards is 5x higher.
    The amount of daily free Monster Park entries is increased from 2 to 7.
    Earn double the amount of Override Coins when opening Override Boxes.
  • IcydropIcydrop
    edited August 2017
    bump
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited August 2017
    The double amount of Override Coins are only from Festival Box. I haven't really paid attention, but now that you mention it, I think I havent noticed these boxes stop dropping, only getting Festival ones. But I still have Override Boxes in inventory, stack of 3k of them still and I can still open these.
  • IcydropIcydrop
    edited August 2017
    thrakkes wrote: »
    The double amount of Override Coins are only from Festival Box. I haven't really paid attention, but now that you mention it, I think I havent noticed these boxes stop dropping, only getting Festival ones. But I still have Override Boxes in inventory, stack of 3k of them still and I can still open these.

Yeah according to the patch notes the Overide boxes should still be dropping aswell as Festival ones:
    Override Box Event
    UTC: July 19 (after maintenance) – August 22 at 11:59 PM
    Source: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/24100/updated-v-187-override-venture-patch-notes#box