[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Consequences for low ping?

DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
Reactions: 8,980
edited January 2018 in Tech Support
So I am thinking of building a gaming pc, but I read that having good specs may confuse the auto detection system in terms of latency and ping.
Lilyflower

Comments

• BowmaNxNLBowmaNxNL
    Reactions: 1,250
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    You do realize ping has to do with your internet connection, and not your graphics card or CPU right?
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    edited August 2017
    1. that doesnt answer my question
    2. a better connection/lower ping does reduce latency, like ive said, ive read on maplestory reddit about cases where people get banned for having low latency and low delay and general better gameplay than others. which low ping has something to do with it. but they dont get GM banned, it is from the auto detection system
    JettLuvsULilyflower
    edited August 2017
    What im referring to is basically if I upgrade and having upgraded which in turn will reduce latency, is there a possibility that the auto detection system will get triggered because I will no longer experience latency or delays. Says it in the initial line, that would having good specs ( low ping/ latency/ delay) confuse the hack shield to think im using some illegal program to cut delay, since I will be having smoother gameplay. I read one post in particular where it mentions this.
    Lilyflower
    edited August 2017
    https://choosemypc.net/build/?budget=1300&oc=maybe&options=os,od

going to be something like this. But i think the reddit post I read isnt about the build of the pc they had ( since they dont mention it) . it was something else. so I dont think I have to worry.

Alright, so I read it once more. and his case had more to do with him being overseas. i assume they thought he was using a vpn since it was during the early stages of the merge. So, yeah i dont have to worry about it when I upgrade
    Lilyflower
  • ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited August 2017
    Unless your current computer is running some seriously antique electronics, you won't get any improvement to you latency by upgrading.

About your proposed build from your link, first of all, hot damn stuff is cheap in America. You should strongly consider whether you want to overclock or not. I personally recommend against it. Not all CPUs are made equal and there's no way to tell how much yours can take until something goes wrong. There are significant savings to be made by choosing to relinquish the option of overclocking. You can drop back to a non "K" intel CPU model, you don't need to buy a third party CPU fan, you can drop back to a "H" model motherboard, you can grab a lower capacity power supply.

All of these savings can be invested into another part of the computer,. Be it a better CPU, more ram, a bigger hard drive, or a better graphics card (which wouldn't make a difference in maplestory but it would for other games). Building computers is all about balance; a computer is only as strong as its weakest part.
    SlicedTime
    edited August 2017
    Yeah right now I'm using a notebook to play which costed 300 a few years ago.

I'm also going to buy cat 6 Ethernet cables and a new router. Yeah it isn't just maple, I also play combat arms and maybe get more pc games
    Lilyflower
  • ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited August 2017
    Everything looks decent so far BUT I highly recommend getting another 8GB Stick to make it into a 16GB if you are planning to play high-end games like GTA 5/PUBG, etc any game that requires a lot of ram.

Your part selection seems fine from what I see.

edited August 2017
    Chukki wrote: »
    Everything looks decent so far BUT I highly recommend getting another 8GB Stick to make it into a 16GB if you are planning to play high-end games like GTA 5/PUBG, etc any game that requires a lot of ram.

Your part selection seems fine from what I see.

Ill keep that in mind, thanks
    Lilyflower
  • MerphistMerphist
    Reactions: 890
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I would get dc'ed occasionally.