[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Dear Nexon

piercedfreakpiercedfreak
Reactions: 1,000
edited August 2017 in General Chat
Dear Nexon,

The bot problem has gotten much worse. The bots seem to be both vacuuming monsters, and using full map attack. They are making some aspects of the game impossible, such as monster collection, some areas such as Herb Town, and Mu Lung are packed with 3-4 bots per map, per channel. Now it seems bots are spreading to popular training areas instead of the lesser used ones. I was trying to train in Silent Swamp today, and had to change channels 4 times, because of bots coming to my channel, and just vacuuming all the monsters to them, and stealing the map from me. The bots seem to be spamming the sales of mesos more often too.

If you are not going to do anything about the bots, could you atleast bring back instanced maps, so those of us who still wish to play the game, can find places to train, without bots coming, and stealing the maps from us?

Signed,
Fed Up Player!

Comments

• UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    yea, letting this slip by is like saying they don't care anymore and see that they still get $$ even without doing something about it

safe to say this is a broken game, pls fix...
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited August 2017
    Don't bother nexon america won't do anything about botters even if screenshot there is a rule called naming and shaming if a player puts a name of the botter well... they won't allow it.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2017
    DeeMon wrote: »
    I logged on yesterday after not playing the game for a week. A sudden mission popped up, so I decided to complete it. I went to an empty map and started killing mobs. Less than a minute, a botter showed up and started full map attacking everything... I had to go somewhere else. All these botters don't care if they get banned or not because there's just too **** many of them!

nexon is too **** lazy and does not care about this game anymore, dood.

How about this? nexon disables mesos, equips, drops and anything else that produces mesos from any and all regular monsters. Then they force you to pay for some cash shop item that enables drops from monsters, for 1 hour.
    That's exactly what they are going to do since they're so damn greedy and lazy to fix this botting issue, dood.

Free to play? More like free to bot.

doubt, more like they know is a intricate problem. they havent figured out how to take out the core of the issue which is their game security being able to be bypassed.
    Lilyflower
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 2017
    Lilyflower wrote: »
    Don't bother nexon america won't do anything about botters even if screenshot there is a rule called naming and shaming if a player puts a name of the botter well... they won't allow it.

We don't allow naming and shaming because it clogs up the forums and other services, accomplishes nothing in terms of actually getting players banned, encourages toxic behavior, and gets innocent players caught in the crossfire. I've pointed out numerous times now; it's against the rules for a reason.
    If you need to report someone you should do it through the official channels; in-game or via a ticket. Not here.

• LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited August 2017
    Neospector wrote: »

We don't allow naming and shaming because it clogs up the forums and other services, accomplishes nothing in terms of actually getting players banned, encourages toxic behavior, and gets innocent players caught in the crossfire. I've pointed out numerous times now; it's against the rules for a reason.
    If you need to report someone you should do it through the official channels; in-game or via a ticket. Not here.
    um I'm actually saying this to the op.

edited August 2017
    Neospector wrote: »

um I'm actually saying this to the op.

caught in the crossfire
    ZeroBlux
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited August 2017
    I keep seeying people in Lachelein and now in Arcana using bots, they don't even use Rune just there attacking the map, GMs could just patrol the popular maps and ban a lot of Macroes, generaly they don't harm much, but they still steal maps and make even less meanglfully lv250.
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited August 2017
    Ivangold wrote: »
    I keep seeying people in Lachelein and now in Arcana using bots, they don't even use Rune just there attacking the map, GMs could just patrol the popular maps and ban a lot of Macroes, generaly they don't harm much, but they still steal maps and make even less meanglfully lv250.

The problem's they don't patrol. If they do, then they're doing a horribly insufficient job. You can go to live chat and tell them about it, and they will say they're looking into it, but you'll see that same person hacking or botting in the same map and channel the next day, then the next week. The whole "naming and shaming" crap might not actually do anything, but actually enforcing a rule on it doesn't make Nexon look any better at dealing with the botting problem.
    LilyflowerEuphoriia
    edited August 2017
    The thing about naming hackers or botters on public forums will make them run and hide until they can continue doing what theyre doing. or theyll switch to another character for the time being since theyll be aware people are on to them
  • Player1Player1
    Reactions: 1,040
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    There's also the thought of people having the ability to continually be able to make accounts as long as they have an email. So stopping botters is an extremely complicated task unless you can find out how to stop it from the source.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited August 2017
    Rolls wrote: »

The problem's they don't patrol. If they do, then they're doing a horribly insufficient job. You can go to live chat and tell them about it, and they will say they're looking into it, but you'll see that same person hacking or botting in the same map and channel the next day, then the next week. The whole "naming and shaming" crap might not actually do anything, but actually enforcing a rule on it doesn't make Nexon look any better at dealing with the botting problem.

Pretty much this.

Even submitting a ticket isn't enough as it takes ages for them to actually do anything about it. I just had a quick skim through the ranks today and saw 40+ people in top 1-20 in my server on each individual server that are botters or hackers 230-240+. It's pathetic how they even make it to this level without a ban. These aren't gold farmers that keep coming back. They are players actively botting!!!

The naming and shaming rule shouldn't exist. Nobody cares about the well being of hackers and botters nor should they be protected. These people need to be shamed and should feel bad about what they are doing as they are ruining the game for all. People also need to know who these people are to avoid doing business with them as they could be at risk. EMS had a name and shame section on their forums before they merged with GMS. It was fine and honestly there was no clear toxic behavior on their forums in regards to this. At least EMS had some backbone.

Oh yeah and 1 more thing. Please remove the appear offline feature as it is pretty much only used by botters and hackers to hide their activity. thank you.
    Lilyflower
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited August 2017
    Peep wrote: »

Pretty much this.

Even submitting a ticket isn't enough as it takes ages for them to actually do anything about it. I just had a quick skim through the ranks today and saw 40+ people in top 1-20 in my server on each individual server that are botters or hackers 230-240+. It's pathetic how they even make it to this level without a ban. These aren't gold farmers that keep coming back. They are players actively botting!!!

The naming and shaming rule shouldn't exist. Nobody cares about the well being of hackers and botters nor should they be protected. These people need to be shamed and should feel bad about what they are doing as they are ruining the game for all. People also need to know who these people are to avoid doing business with them as they could be at risk. EMS had a name and shame section on their forums before they merged with GMS. It was fine and honestly there was no clear toxic behavior on their forums in regards to this. At least EMS had some backbone.

Oh yeah and 1 more thing. Please remove the appear offline feature as it is pretty much only used by botters and hackers to hide their activity. thank you.
    a long time ago I remember when the forums didn't have naming and shaming rule the players take a screenshot and write the name that's botting or hacking 24/7 the forums patroling good times! now... the rules are changed and submitting a ticket is useless.

edited August 2017

Pretty much this.

a long time ago I remember when the forums didn't have naming and shaming rule the players take a screenshot and write the name that's botting or hacking 24/7 the forums patroling good times! now... the rules are changed and submitting a ticket is useless.

For sure, especially since "the more reports/tickets" are submitted, the likelihood all those reports are legit becomes a small %. Even if theyre all legit reports, the volume of tickets would constitute some skepticism on their part

in contrast you can still send the screen shot via ticket as well. Just not in public
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited August 2017

As a compromise, if Nexon really doesn't want to get rid of the rule, why not just only enforce it in cases without evidence? That way you avoid witch hunting and bring the names of botters/hackers to attention. Like what was stated, no one should care if a botter/hacker is shamed for doing what they do. They negatively affect other players in various ways like the market, burning fields and map availability. GMs aren't doing a good job at getting rid of them, and I doubt they're even trying. This lack of effort shows easily. This wouldn't be an issue if they did actually their damn job as well as they're supposed to.

I'm not asking for people to go out of their way and only shame instead of reporting to GMs, but if those GMs can't even be bothered to take out hackers and botters, might as well have them exposed if anyone happens to take a screenshot or a video. You can't blame people for wanting to do that. Hackers and botters already break the ToS, so why continue to apply this "privacy policy" to them?

Aside from that, I'd like to see Nexon give their honest reason as to why they're continually unable to deal with hacking/botting. It won't warrant any sympathy but it'll at least be a start in understanding of what's going on with GMs and the state of the game.
    Lilyflower