[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Issue interrupting my testing abilities.

XenooooonXenooooon
Reactions: 340
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2017 in Archive
Im from reboot, thats an issue because multiple things,
Firstly i cant properly test the areas that have a high level requirement. Secondly I cant enter cash shop which entails the following issues
Buying storage space
Getting Pet + pet skills
Optional - Cubes -> Enhancing gear.
an NPC to give some basic things for free in example, Pots, trait potions, ardentimil recipe things
Also would like to test lets say Chaos Root Abyss bosses, but those take 10 days to get to that area, because you have a requirement of killing normal bosses for 10 days.
I cant text V Matrix - lvl again.

If you dont like the idea of adding cubes, then we need arcana armor and weapons given to all players.
which also leads to the level requirement.

My character dies all the time, because its extremely weak.
To sum it up - Leveling NPC / Storage space / Pet + skills / Gear / Ardentmil crafting items. / cRA bypass.

100OnMyWrist

Comments

• bazzybazzy
    Reactions: 1,525
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    key plan: give everyone the option of auto levelling, and make everything in cash shop free
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    There are hundreds of other people testing high-level content.
    You can test things like character creation, tutorials (read everything), the new way "Tot's Know-How" quests work (or don't), etc.

If we had all these things you ask for, then we'd have the same problem the previous Tespia had, where people would just go "oooh I can finally be level 200 and get good gear and fight Zakum!" or "now's my chance to see how these other classes play at 4th job!" instead of testing stuff they already know what to expect from.
  • bazzybazzy
    Reactions: 1,525
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    You can test things like character creation, tutorials (read everything), the new way "Tot's Know-How" quests work (or don't), etc.

If we had all these things you ask for, then we'd have the same problem the previous Tespia had, where people would just go "oooh I can finally be level 200 and get good gear and fight Zakum!" or "now's my chance to see how these other classes play at 4th job!" instead of testing stuff they already know what to expect from.

I understand where you're coming from with this, but many lower level players would like to test higher level content. By restraining them from doing so because of their level, Tespia may feel underwhelming. Yes, this was an issue in the last Tespia, but there will always be that curious bunch. The people who want to try out new higher level content, but can't; the people that want to try out and help improve the newest patches. Some of these people may not have the time to play, but still want to help the game in the right direction. (I hope I didn't mess something up in the blob of a paragraph.)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    bazzy wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »

I understand where you're coming from with this, but many lower level players would like to test higher level content. By restraining them from doing so because of their level, Tespia may feel underwhelming. Yes, this was an issue in the last Tespia, but there will always be that curious bunch. The people who want to try out new higher level content, but can't; the people that want to try out and help improve the newest patches. Some of these people may not have the time to play, but still want to help the game in the right direction. (I hope I didn't mess something up in the blob of a paragraph.)

Our Tespia is not a new game's CBT, that's supposed to impress new players and make them buy the game and recommend it to their friends. So "feel underwhelming" is not a problem.
    The reason Tespia is open is the fact that, despite Nexon's best internal testing efforts, normal players doing normal player things run into serious bugs within hours of each patch going live. So here we are having a test environment which tries to be as close as possible to the live servers, for us to do normal things in and hopefully run into those bugs before they cause unscheduled maintenances of the live servers.

I mean, sure, I'd like to be given powerful gear and go "test" Hard Lucid, but in all honesty, I wouldn't know if she was glitched or changed from how she used to be, because I never fought her before. So this "testing" would just be for my own personal fun, not something that helps the game. It's better for the game that I test doing my own boring dailies, because I'd instantly recognize if something is amiss with them.

bazzyDayDreamrr
  • duelghostduelghost
    Reactions: 1,170
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    There are plenty of quest revamps you can test still. From the patch notes:

QUEST REVAMPS:
    • Changes are made to the following theme dungeons to adjust their recommended level, as well as to adjust completion requirements, EXP earned, quest requirements, cutscenes , and more:
    o Ellinel Fairy Academy (Lv. 30-35)
    o Kerning City Swamp Region (Lv. 45-50)
    o Riena Strait (Lv. 50-56)
    o Boar Land (Lv. 56-60)
    o Mushroom Castle (Lv. 60-65)
    o Sleepy Dungeon (Lv. 65-70)
    o Orbis Garden (Lv. 70-77)
    o Ereve Conference Pavilion (Lv. 75)
    o El Nath (Lv. 77-80)
    o Verne Mine (Lv. 80-85)
    o Ariant + Sahel (Lv. 85-90)
    o Heliseum
    o FriendStory (Lv. 100)
    o Black Heaven (Lv. 120)
    o Heroes of Maple (Lv. 135)
    • You can obtain a medal for completing all the quests in Kerning City Swamp Region, Orbis, and Ariant.