[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Ghost ship exorcist badge registering as a trace

LizardnixLizardnix
Reactions: 440
edited August 2017 in Bug Reporting
So, I just got the Ghost Exorcist Badge on my cannoneer and used a 70% potencial scroll on it, the scroll DOESN'T SAY that the item could be destroyed upon failure, in fact I own like 40 ish 90% scrolls as well and the description also doesn't say that the item can be destroyed, and when I used it the badge got the potencial, didn't get any notification of the badge being destroyed, but when I try to scroll it it directs me to the "trace" menu, I can still equip it, it give me the stats and has the potencial lines, but it won't allow me to scroll it. Can someone please forward this? it's kind of a big deal since it is the only badge (as far as I know) that can get potential lines.

Comments

• LizardnixLizardnix
    Reactions: 440
    edited August 2017
    this is the badge in question, already sent a ticket as well.

http://imgur.com/a/fYexq
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited August 2017
    Not a bug, no scroll made from spell traces exist for badge which is why it take you to the equipment trace window (KMS doesn't have a badge with potential).
    Use a chaos scroll, chaos scroll of goodness or incredible chaos scroll of goodness to scroll your Ghostship badge then you can star force it.
    JettLuvsU
  • SlatymateSlatymate
    Reactions: 2,150
    edited August 2017
    You can only get an equipment trace if you boom your item with the Starforce system, which you didn't use. This is not a bug and you lost your badge. You might want to wait for Sengoku High event to comeback and get the level 160 badge from that shop.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 2017
    Slatymate wrote: »
    You can only get an equipment trace if you boom your item with the Starforce system, which you didn't use. This is not a bug and you lost your badge. You might want to wait for Sengoku High event to comeback and get the level 160 badge from that shop.

Just a quick correction, @Lizardnix

Slaty is incorrect, you have not lost your badge (in fact, potential scrolls no longer destroy equipment at all). Rexaar is correct: there are no scrolls for badges, so the game takes you directly to the trace menu because of this.
    Notice how the badge is in the transfer to slot, not the transfer from slot.

You should use a chaos scroll to scroll the badge.
This discussion has been closed.