[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

My life with Maplestory, a story of ups and downs.

ArzdielArzdiel
Reactions: 1,030
edited September 2017 in Rants and Raves
Hello Maple Community and specially Hi to the moderators and admins,

I really hope you all get some time to read this. This no regular rant about old Maplestory and stuff that usually gets said when going nuts ranting.
While trying to keep this brief, I also want to share my experience with the game so far.

I love Maplestory for what it is, back when the game came to America, I made my cool Dexless Sin and farmed for hours on Coolie Zombies to achieve the long waited 3rd job when it came out. It was fun and I was young so I had plenty time to spare to do that. I kept on playing even after BB update which made the game accessible for people who didn't have enough time to grind all the way to the top, which was welcoming to me since I was starting to get busier with my life chores. I still loved the game, logging into my now Dual Blade main in Scania, talking to my buddies in my guild and doing some runs together. I was enjoying myself a lot even if I was weak due to my unavailability of pouring money in the cubing system. I quitted several times due to personal reasons and some of my friends also started to drop out of the game.

When Reboot was announced, I was truly happy to see the chance of getting stronger by my own means without using real money, so I went straight into it rebooting myself and playing a new branch, warriors and specially maining Aran which I love. I was having fun again for the first time in years, I met some new people and old friends came back for it and since curve was easier on us, we could level fairly easy to enjoy the best of our jobs even if we didn't spend a lot of time.

Jumping back to this date, I was a slug compared to my guild members in Reboot, I farmed at my own pace thanks my job and life but even with that, I managed to grow enough to do some mid-end game bossing. Farming nodes was a pain but still it felt like something reachable since I poured some time on farming mesos to make my drop rate gear, I was even thinking that making a 2nd main wouldn't be so crazy so I started getting pumped for Cadena in the Nova Update.

Now I log in after the "Tune Up" Update and I barely got 6 nodes in 1 hour of farming with Kanna and familiar, and my gear ofc which is pretty much useless or so it seems. My V matrix was 70-75% done and I can say forsure how many nodes does it take to get yout stats going. My joy and excitement for Nova update went down to the drain and I didn't even want to play my Aran anymore or train my mules for Legion, it felt like a complete waste of time now.

So to wrap this thing up, I want to express my honest and respectful opinion about this update. This drop rate change felt like a negative and bad decision for Reboot players who already spend so much time on farming mesos and doing dailies that take a lot of time to get stronger. I am 25 now and working of course, I wanted to keep on playing at my pace and still feeling like i was progressing, thing that I didn't feel about 3 hours of testing for Node farming. So I seriously hope you reconsider your decision in the Reboot world which on my opinion, had the worst slap in the face with this update. Remember we can't trade with others or buy Nodes like in any other server, so our V Matrix will take serious amounts of time unless you play 18/7 considering you sleep in between sessions.

Thank you kindly for your attention so far if you read it until here.
But If they made me choose if putting a lot more time on this and making a difference in my life, I'd take the latter without a doubt.

So thank you Nexon for all these years and here's hoping you improve on your self to regain that lost trust on players.
Sincerly,

Shiori, Reboot player.
DarkPassenger