[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Crashes and Suggestions

bazzybazzy
Reactions: 1,525
Member, Private Tester
edited September 2017 in Rants and Raves
Due to the x2 drop event in Reboot right now, the servers are to lag, as expected, and crash, also as expected. Those shouldn't be expected at all. Your servers should be able to handle a couple hundred players at a time with minimal lag. For now, I suggest to fix this issue of crashing, even when there isn't a event going on. For now, slow down the events a little, and take insight from the players. Ask players what they want. Respond to the threads criticizing the new updates, and change them to make the players happy. To possibly fix the issue of crashes, I would say have a developer team start working on a Maplestory with a more updated code, and possibly more stability. Just my thought. Thanks.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Actually, people have asked that instead of 2x sessions that lag, we have 2x all day and hopefully the load will be more evenly distributed throughout the day.
    Seems that's not quite panning out.
    (Although the lag started on Saturday and affects all servers, not just Reboot, so I suspect it has nothing to do with player load)
  • bazzybazzy
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Actually, people have asked that instead of 2x sessions that lag, we have 2x all day and hopefully the load will be more evenly distributed throughout the day.
    Seems that's not quite panning out.
    (Although the lag started on Saturday and affects all servers, not just Reboot, so I suspect it has nothing to do with player load)

I actually conducted some research earlier, and found that my guild mates on GRAZED had no lag, and weren't crashing as often. I don't know how accurate this is, but I asked around 5 people, then tried it myself. I logged on around 4 times without any lag or crashes. Again, still don't know how accurate it is.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited September 2017
    From my experience, it is as AK said, when I lag in one world (reboot), I lag in another world I main in (windia)
  • TheToxicDudeFromReneTheToxicDudeFromRene
    Reactions: 845
    edited September 2017
    Nope. GRAZED is getting tons of lag / DC issues.
  • bazzybazzy
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Nope. GRAZED is getting tons of lag / DC issues.

then again, all maple worlds are laggy
  • Roni777Roni777
    Reactions: 1,180
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    It is even still lag now and lots of crashing. So it was not because of the 2x drop.
  • bazzybazzy
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Roni777 wrote: »
    It is even still lag now and lots of crashing. So it was not because of the 2x drop.

vs then, it is a lot better now. Either way, we still need this fixed.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited September 2017
    generally, you wont get smooth gameplay if you live in the city, suburbs will be better gameplay than in the city

you guys can check your network map and see what channel other connections are in, try to choose one that isnt near the populated channels, usually 1,6,11 dont overlap turn off your modem (not wifi router) and wait like 2 minutes.
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited September 2017
    yay maintenance
  • bazzybazzy
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    yay maintenance

yet there is still lag