[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.251 - GO WEST! Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I accept requests

ThonerThoner
Reactions: 1,375
Posts: 154
Member, Private Tester
edited September 2017 in Off-Topic Discussion
Hello Maplers,

Many of you have seen my 'Journey From Lvl 205 to Lvl 250 in Pensalir' series and have seen/participated in some of my polls (thank you btw). However, since I have more Grandis videos (curse my love of the Grandis soundtrack...) premade weeks ago, I want to give the Maplers who are not fond of those episodes, (they continue to Episode 18...) something to watch if they remain uninterested in the Grandis set. An example of what I am talking about (and proof these are made in advance, that I do eventually get a mic. , and progress has been made in leveling.

More than this, if I can help a struggling Mapler progress in the game and they comment a specific request here, I will make 1 guide upon request, per week, in chronological order I receive requests.

Keep Mapling strong,

Thoner
  1. Like this alternative for non-EXP topics ?6 votes
    1. Yes.
       67% (4 votes)
    2. Your still here?! (No.)
       33% (2 votes)

Comments

  • ThonerThoner
    Reactions: 1,375
    Posts: 154
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    I have chosen to go this route. But I will need requests. If you want something done, post it here. I will try to make it Thursday and post it same time as the other videos.
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    Posts: 195
    Member
    edited November 2017
    Thoner wrote: »
    I have chosen to go this route. But I will need requests. If you want something done, post it here. I will try to make it Thursday and post it same time as the other videos.

    Double check if Alishan Train still has a bug
    The 12 Keys to unlocked mysterious door could be bugged as well.
    Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Reactions: 1,375
    Posts: 154
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Lucsean99 wrote: »
    Thoner wrote: »
    I have chosen to go this route. But I will need requests. If you want something done, post it here. I will try to make it Thursday and post it same time as the other videos.

    Double check if Alishan Train still has a bug
    The 12 Keys to unlocked mysterious door could be bugged as well.

    What are the steps to reproduce the bug? If you can give me this information before 4:00pm today, I will make a video for your request tonight and post it on Saturday. I am excited to work on this.

    Sincerely,

    Thoner
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    Posts: 195
    Member
    edited November 2017
    Well try to test it out during your own free time. I'm busy as well with work and school starting up again.

    Just follow the Alishan quest-line until you clear waves off enemies off the train. You should meet the evil doer on the next cut scene and next time you have control over your class. You could instantly die! (that's the bug anyways)

    The door with 12 keys is maybe bugged, but haven't gotten that far in case I can't progress. Looked into Reddit since it has some more insight on this. I want to enjoy small dungeons like this, but with bugs or no way to progress further what's the point?
    Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Reactions: 1,375
    Posts: 154
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Lucsean99 wrote: »
    Well try to test it out during your own free time. I'm busy as well with work and school starting up again.

    Just follow the Alishan quest-line until you clear waves off enemies off the train. You should meet the evil doer on the next cut scene and next time you have control over your class. You could instantly die! (that's the bug anyways)

    The door with 12 keys is maybe bugged, but haven't gotten that far in case I can't progress. Looked into Reddit since it has some more insight on this. I want to enjoy small dungeons like this, but with bugs or no way to progress further what's the point?

    I agree. This sounds interesting. I will try to look at it tomorrow. Thursday at the latest.
  • ThonerThoner
    Reactions: 1,375
    Posts: 154
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Hello,

    Unfortunately, I underestimated assignments that I need to complete. However, there is a holiday this weekend so I will be able to complete a video for you that Thursday. If you celebrate Thanksgiving, consider it a present for the holiday. Otherwise, consider it my apology for not getting it out as quickly as I hoped.

    Sincerely,

    Thoner
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    Posts: 195
    Member
    edited November 2017
    So did you manage to escape the train or did you instantly die? Yea a whole video would be nice for the 12 key door dungeon.
    Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Reactions: 1,375
    Posts: 154
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Lucsean99 wrote: »
    So did you manage to escape the train or did you instantly die? Yea a whole video would be nice for the 12 key door dungeon.

    I was able to clear the entire Alishan quest line within two videos. I will post the 3 videos leading up to where I could FINALLY start the quest line, then the video of the quest line itself. I hope it is informative, if I missed something, just reply to me here. ;)
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    Posts: 195
    Member
    edited November 2017
    Thoner wrote: »
    Lucsean99 wrote: »
    So did you manage to escape the train or did you instantly die? Yea a whole video would be nice for the 12 key door dungeon.

    I was able to clear the entire Alishan quest line within two videos. I will post the 3 videos leading up to where I could FINALLY start the quest line, then the video of the quest line itself. I hope it is informative, if I missed something, just reply to me here. ;)

    The quest for Alishan is ok
    12 key door is dungeon is actually called The Afterlands..
    Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Reactions: 1,375
    Posts: 154
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    So... not Alishan...
    I now need to do the afterlands quest line?
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    Posts: 195
    Member
    edited November 2017
    Lucsean99 wrote: »
    Well try to test it out during your own free time. I'm busy as well with work and school starting up again.

    Just follow the Alishan quest-line until you clear waves off enemies off the train. You should meet the evil doer on the next cut scene and next time you have control over your class. You could instantly die! (that's the bug anyways)

    The door with 12 keys is maybe bugged, but haven't gotten that far in case I can't progress. Looked into Reddit since it has some more insight on this. I want to enjoy small dungeons like this, but with bugs or no way to progress further what's the point?
    Thoner wrote: »
    So... not Alishan...
    I now need to do the afterlands quest line?

    You seem conflicted. If you truly did a video run on the Alishan train part and passed that's all i needed to know. I stopped doing it on my high Lv classes because I was wasting elixirs since a glitch kept making me die. Like i say before there's no point in doing those dungeons (TheAfterlands) if you can't progress. I heard on Reddit that some keys are glitch/bugged. If you can looked into this great, because Nexon doesn't fix bugs like the codex.
    Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Reactions: 1,375
    Posts: 154
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Yeah. I will look into it. Any particular character that you want me to use in the afterlands?
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    Posts: 195
    Member
    edited November 2017
    Thoner wrote: »
    Yeah. I will look into it. Any particular character that you want me to use in the afterlands?

    Anyone. Just make sure you can 100% complete the dungeon. I want to complete it as well. I don't want a bug preventing from me getting a key. This dungeon gives good EXP and a decent story-line
    Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Reactions: 1,375
    Posts: 154
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Alright. I will use a character that is best suited to the task. Just give me another week.
  • ThonerThoner
    Reactions: 1,375
    Posts: 154
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    @Lucsean99

    I am sorry to have made you wait so long for the afterlands guide. I have finally made serious progress and am down to the last key. The problem: I have no idea how to get it other than the fact that it likely involves the large gold warrior statue wielding a spear. However a friend of mine beat it and cringed at me for getting so lost. I will keep you posted and have the videos in order in the 'Special Requests' playlist. Thank you again for your interest in my videos; I hope they will meet your expectations.

    Sincerely,

    Thoner