[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

World Transfer Event/Looking Forward

RowlandRowland
Reactions: 510
edited September 2017 in Rants and Raves
A lot of the community is upset over the World Transfer Event - many people are unhappy that their worlds died out as everyone moved to Bera. Many long-standing guilds were abandoned or disbanded and world rankings of those who hit 250 and under were sacrificed. I know many people are flaming Nexon for ruining their home servers, but I don't think it's completely their fault either since it was the players' final decision to transfer.

Having said that, I think Nexon could have planned this event at a better time. Now that the summer is over, many of us have started school again which would cause a drop in population. For players that haven't logged in and transferred worlds, they will come back to ghost-towns. I feel like if those players come back, the likelihood of them staying on Maplestory is lower. I've seen a lot of people quit over the past two years of playing on and off, but many have started up again as well. It would be sad to see this game lose popularity yet again because of this world transfer situation.

What are your thoughts on the likelihood of a player coming back and actually staying if their world is empty? Do you think Nexon should do something about this before the next population spike (maybe around late November)? I'd like hear the community's input on how they think this will play out and what Nexon could do regarding the future of our game :)

Comments

• PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited September 2017
    It was completely their fault. People were asking for MERGERS/World Alliance, not freaking world transfers. This problem could have been completely prevented provided they merged certain servers stabilizing the population. They should have also restricted the amount of people that could transfer over to some servers to make sure population stayed stable across all servers. They did NONE of the above and as a result they have devastated multiple servers and made many depressed. Many feel as if they need to transfer because they don't want to be on a dead server and all their friends transferred resulting in a domino effect.

This whole situation is a repeat mistake Nexon has made in the past with the exact same issue. You'd think they would have learned something by now right?

While this situation should have never happened to begin with, the only way I see them fixing the issue is merging the servers that need to be merged, but even that may not be enough since so many transferred to Bera overpopulating the server compared to others.
    becakrsk
  • Michaelxv212Michaelxv212
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited September 2017
    In khroa atm and the server is completely dead now. I myself will stay in khroa but its pretty evident that its dead. Fm is non existent now
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    In khroa atm and the server is completely dead now. I myself will stay in khroa but its pretty evident that its dead. Fm is non existent now

Did you escape before it was too late?