[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Too much untradeables.

RayzYRayzY
Reactions: 1,070
edited January 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Simply as my title. There are too many items you just can do nothing with, because they are untradeable.
Example: I bought a new gloves. better stats. now I have my old gloves, and I would like to move it to my other character. but I can't.

Why are they all untradeable? moving within account would be nice. :(
krskGorySlicedTimeMichrLizardnixPigaba

Comments

• RayzYRayzY
    Reactions: 1,070
    edited October 2017
    Another example is NX Items. I bought a new cape, and I would like to give my old ones to one of my characters in the account.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited October 2017
    Its quite simple, nexon is a company , which means they need to make money( which people usually tend to forget), so they make so many untradeable items so that u spend real money on buying scissors of karma to make ur items tradeable.
  • LizardnixLizardnix
    Reactions: 440
    edited October 2017
    darik wrote: »
    Its quite simple, nexon is a company , which means they need to make money( which people usually tend to forget), so they make so many untradeable items so that u spend real money on buying scissors of karma to make ur items tradeable.

We know nexon needs to make profit, but this is just ridiculous, if you're making that many untradeable items and encouraging people to make more and more characters (legion), either reduce the price of CS items that allow for item transfer, reducing the cost and making the option more atractive and accesible would encourage more people use it, therefore increasing profit, I think, or make the item perma tradeable within account after using scissors, at the state leveling up works now "tradeable once" is completely inneficient and basically worthless, and leaves a bitter taste after (I know from experience, that's why I never did it again). And lets be honest, who would spend money to xfer a Lv 50 zak helmet at this point? What is and isn't tradeable should get a review. Some items that were untradéable once shouldn't be now.

And there's also etc and use items that even after maxing out item tabs they clutter a lot of space, it's just insane; also each character is given very little room to deal with the garbage. Spend money on 1 character to max inventory slots? Ok. On 30+ characters? Don't think so.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017

Yup, because I'm totally going to PSoK my untradable power elixirs. All 7 different types of them.
    DividedFlowSlicedTime
  • darikdarik
    edited October 2017
    Lizardnix wrote: »

We know nexon needs to make profit, but this is just ridiculous, if you're making that many untradeable items and encouraging people to make more and more characters (legion), either reduce the price of CS items that allow for item transfer, reducing the cost and making the option more atractive and accesible would encourage more people use it, therefore increasing profit, I think, or make the item perma tradeable within account after using scissors, at the state leveling up works now "tradeable once" is completely inneficient and basically worthless, and leaves a bitter taste after (I know from experience, that's why I never did it again). And lets be honest, who would spend money to xfer a Lv 50 zak helmet at this point? What is and isn't tradeable should get a review. Some items that were untradéable once shouldn't be now.

And there's also etc and use items that even after maxing out item tabs they clutter a lot of space, it's just insane; also each character is given very little room to deal with the garbage. Spend money on 1 character to max inventory slots? Ok. On 30+ characters? Don't think so.

U ask who buys psoks? From my expirience in being in a good alliance and from watching a few ms youtube channels I answer u a LOT of people does buy psoks, so the system works fine right now ,so why change it?
    Im thinking of course on decent items, im obviously ignoring untradeable power elixers( which arent psokable) and trash items like zak helms.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017

In a game full of other micro transactions, (EX: Cubes, Bonus pot cubes, Marvel, philosopher books, fashion items, gachapon, pets, pet skills, temporary pets that give stats and several more) I'm pretty sure reducing the amount of untradeable items, some of which you mention below can't even be PSoK'd, isn't going to break the bank.

U ask who buys psoks? From my expirience in being in a good alliance and from watching a few ms youtube channels I answer u a LOT of people does buy psoks, so the system works fine right now ,so why change it?
    Im thinking of course on decent items, im obviously ignoring untradeable power elixers( which arent psokable) and trash items like zak helms.

Buying PSoK's is the only choice people have, how does that mean that mean that the "system works fine"? You may be talking about decent items, but Lizardnix isn't. You aren't addressing the main issue which is: There are too many untradeable items, most of which are untradeable without good reason.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    Why are there several types of the same untradeable items? It's seriously annoying.
  • darikdarik
    edited October 2017

In a game full of other micro transactions, (EX: Cubes, Bonus pot cubes, Marvel, philosopher books, fashion items, gachapon, pets, pet skills, temporary pets that give stats and several more) I'm pretty sure reducing the amount of untradeable items, some of which you mention below can't even be PSoK'd, isn't going to break the bank.

Buying PSoK's is the only choice people have, how does that mean that mean that the "system works fine"? You may be talking about decent items, but Lizardnix isn't. You aren't addressing the main issue which is: There are too many untradeable items, most of which are untradeable without good reason.

Yeah indeed i only mean like items that are actually good,but i also agree that having like 5 types of power elixers is ridiculous, and the same can be applied to exp and drop coupons for example, they should make all use drop and exp coupons tradeable, makes life easier as well as give the ability to move them within the account and help other characters to level faster and suffer less from endless grinding.
  • PigabaPigaba
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited October 2017
    Scientists around the world are still trying to figure out why power elixir from pouch are even untradable XD. Are they op? No. Are they rare? No.
    They've been working on this for years with not a single breakthrough lol