[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Range over 2m

ElGusanitoElGusanito
Reactions: 820
edited September 2016 in General Chat
So I always wondered about it and now ima post it here, as u all know the visual cap range is 2m but you can still get higher damage when u have more than that so I was wondering whats the exact real and current formula to calculate it myself bcause I saw a lot of diferent formulas when googling it and also found some softwares created by ppl but I was never able to trust anybody with 3rd party programs because always tho it might be like keylogers or something so I want to calculate it myself or at least with an official link of some calculator made by som1 trustable.

Im good at math so I don't mind calculating it myself if I get the formula :) I know there are multipliers, so ill say im a Nw

Comments

• Warlocked200Warlocked200
    Reactions: 580
    edited September 2016
    There are a few range calculators out there you can find by googling "maplestory range calculator"
    Try out this site [Removed]
    It lets you put in the numbers and then it calculates your range based on that.

Moderator comment: Please don't link to sites that sell ingame currency. I know that the intention wasn't malicious, the site that offers the damage calculator isn't trusted however.
  • VerusAstrumVerusAstrum
    Reactions: 2,820
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Alternatively, the 2m-2m visual cap will be removed in the upcoming months when fifth job is released in GMS. It won't be an immediate answer, but it'll definitely be the most reliable.
  • PikariePikarie
    Reactions: 1,000
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Warlocked200

There are a few range calculators out there you can find by googling "maplestory range calculator"
    Try out this site [Removed]
    It lets you put in the numbers and then it calculates your range based on that.
    I've tried that and I'm really unsure about its accuracy.
    According to them, my BaM has a bit over 5 mil range clean. I know battle mage have quite the inflated range, but that's a little too much haha.
    So I just decided to wait for 5th job and see for myself then when the visual cap is raised to 10 mil
  • Warlocked200Warlocked200
    Reactions: 580
    edited September 2016
    Yeah I put in my numbers and found out the calculator is really outdated.
    I thought the visual cap for 5th job is 100 mil, considering what I saw on the strongest kaiser in Korea.
  • DetrivanceDetrivance
    Reactions: 2,405
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2016
    This is a calculator I use made by someone in the community. Calculator/Youtube Tutorial for it

It's pretty accurate for clean range but it gets a little more complicated when you try to do buffed ranges.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    Well I don't got to worry about that since im not going to power grind until i hit 210 which is 3 levels away for me.