[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Allow mapping different skills to L and R shift.

MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
Reactions: 4,280
edited October 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
With all these 5th job skills it's become a bit difficult to find that ideal key setup. I think that allowing two different skills to be mapped to either shift would actually really help. It's a small change, but it'd be really useful to have an additional key to use.

Comments

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited October 2017
    I am interested in this idea too. Would this apply to Alt and Ctrl as well?
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    I am interested in this idea too. Would this apply to Alt and Ctrl as well?

I didn't even think of that. Yeah, Alt and Ctrl would fall under the same boat.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    More buttons to work with would be super.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited October 2017
    With all these 5th job skills it's become a bit difficult to find that ideal key setup. I think that allowing two different skills to be mapped to either shift would actually really help. It's a small change, but it'd be really useful to have an additional key to use.

I have a better idea, what if we can press Shift + any key to use a different command that's assigned to that key than what is assigned to that key when not pressing shift? Like, add a toggle-able second keyboard layout to use skills that we dont have room for on the normal keyboard layout.

(ex. lets say I have a non cooldown skill on the secondary keyboard layout hotkeyed to the "A" key, and when I press Shift + A, it will use a totally different skill that I hotkeyed to the Shift+ hot key layout. One would be more likely to assign ULT keys to this layout and swap back to the normal layout to continue using the cooldown-less skills.)

That would basically increase possible hotkey slots just for skills alone at least 3x (considering you dont use your entire keyboard for hot keys to use skills.) Final Fantasy 14 has something similar where they only have hotkey slots for keys 1-0 but you can press CTRL and key 1 - 5 or something like that to toggle skill hot key presets for a total of 5x more skill slots by swapping hot key presets for a a mere 10 buttons
    MageOfBattles
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    AznboiE wrote: »

I have a better idea, what if we can press Shift + any key to use a different command that's assigned to that key than what is assigned to that key when not pressing shift? Like, add a toggle-able second keyboard layout to use skills that we dont have room for on the normal keyboard layout.

(ex. lets say I have a non cooldown skill on the secondary keyboard layout hotkeyed to the "A" key, and when I press Shift + A, it will use a totally different skill that I hotkeyed to the Shift+ hot key layout. One would be more likely to assign ULT keys to this layout and swap back to the normal layout to continue using the cooldown-less skills.)

That would basically increase possible hotkey slots just for skills alone at least 3x (considering you dont use your entire keyboard for hot keys to use skills.) Final Fantasy 14 has something similar where they only have hotkey slots for keys 1-0 but you can press CTRL and key 1 - 5 or something like that to toggle skill hot key presets for a total of 5x more skill slots by swapping hot key presets for a a mere 10 buttons

Could work. Would get some getting used to but it could be done.