[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

~Replace the Style boxes, with Royal Maple Style~

Comments

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited January 2018
    I am perfectly fine with Royals except the lack of diversity since the set effect makes the user want to complete the set for the extra stat. Following this format, everyone would look the same. I was thinking of changing the stat set requirements so that you can obtain stats by having a certain number of Royal Cash items instead of pieces of a particular set. The stats from wearing individual pieces would be temporary but the set bonus from your mix of Royals will be permanent.

Of course this would make it so everyone sporting Royals would be better than those wearing non-Royals. To remedy the difference, I would like a cash item for non- royals so they can carry the "Royal" property and can be used in Sewing Machines and be worn in mix and match sets with sets (mentioned above.) But since Royal Coupons in KMS currently have a chance of granting the user a cash item with temporary stats, the cash item I am thinking of will not only "Royalize" your item but also have a chance of granting the item temporary stats. The item would only be usable ONCE to prevent Royal items with expired stats from gaining new stats.
    LightningSparkPhantomMasterThief
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    I am perfectly fine with Royals except the lack of diversity since the set effect makes the user want to complete the set for the extra stat. Following this format, everyone would look the same. I was thinking of changing the stat set requirements so that you can obtain stats by having a certain number of Royal Cash items instead of pieces of a particular set. The stats from wearing individual pieces would be temporary but the set bonus from your mix of Royals will be permanent.

Of course this would make it so everyone sporting Royals would be better than those wearing non-Royals. To remedy the difference, I would like a cash item for non- royals so they can carry the "Royal" property and can be used in Sewing Machines and be worn in mix and match sets with sets (mentioned above.) But since Royal Coupons in KMS currently have a chance of granting the user a cash item with temporary stats, the cash item I am thinking of will not only "Royalize" your item but also have a chance of granting the item temporary stats. The item would only be usable ONCE to prevent Royal items with expired stats from gaining new stats.

I think this sounds like a good alternative, we will have a better chance to get the items that we so desire ( because less items in a pool max number of items in a royal coupon is : 32 )
    and it would cost less 2,200 NX Per Royal Maple Style Coupon, insted of 3,400 NX Per Premium Surprise Style Box.

i like your idea daxterbeer !
    Please NEXON America make it happen!
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018

Way too complicated.
    It would be much simpler to just remove all stats from these Royal items and their sets.
    Cash items are for cosmetics, and supposedly these Royal items are the best and their boxes have less junk, so they should be desired even without any stats.
    PhantomMasterThiefSlicedTime
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    AKradian wrote: »

Way too complicated.
    It would be much simpler to just remove all stats from these Royal items and their sets.
    Cash items are for cosmetics, and supposedly these Royal items are the best and their boxes have less junk, so they should be desired even without any stats.

So something like KMS Reboot, though they do have 1 Speciel Label set every rotation with a 5 set effect that gives +5 All Stats and +3 Attack ( when all 5 pieces are worn ) i don't know if nexon america can remove the set effect entirely, while still having the items in the Royal Maple Style Coupon Format ( Max up to 32 items per Coupon )

Here is an example of a Speciel Label set from KMS Reboot : xHrzDL7.png

i also would like if we could get some sets as packages, for example because the master blood set comes from the masterpiece sewing machine in KMS,
    and KMS Reboot doesn't have that, they sell that set in a package for : 29,700 NX ( Both Male and Female with a Face/Eye Accessory as a Bonus )
    rgBtfaS.png JpEOOEK.png

The Reboot version have a set effect that when 5 pieces are worn you gain a mount or a chair.
    no stats nor set stats, though this is not from the Royal Maple Style Coupon but from a separate package.

So, AKradian what do you think, will it be enough, if nexon only gave us the Royal Maple Style Coupon with 5 items that have a set effect of +5 all stats
    and +3 attack per 5 Pieces Worn, and of course not forgetting to include a chair or a mount that accompines said set for that month, while the rest of the item don't, or if nexon could somehow remove the set effect stats and just keep the Chair/Mounts prize when getting all 5 pieces of a set., Keep in mind that items on the Reboot Version of the Royal Maple Style Coupon in KMSDosen't have Raw Stats, nor temporary ones on the items!

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    So, AKradian what do you think, will it be enough, if nexon only gave us the Royal Maple Style Coupon with 5 items that have a set effect of +5 all stats
    and +3 attack per 5 Pieces Worn, and of course not forgetting to include a chair or a mount that accompines said set for that month, while the rest of the item don't, or if nexon could somehow remove the set effect stats and just keep the Chair/Mounts, Keep in mind that items on the Reboot Version of the Royal Maple Style Coupon in KMSDosen't have Raw Stats, nor temporary ones on the items!

No.
    No stats.
    Why is that so hard to understand?
    Even in non-Reboot, Cash covers should be for cosmetics ONLY. Nobody should feel pressured to wear the "set of the month" for any reason other than fashion.
    SlicedTime
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited January 2018
    and +3 attack per 5 Pieces Worn, and of course not forgetting to include a chair or a mount that accompines said set for that month, while the rest of the item don't, or if nexon could somehow remove the set effect stats and just keep the Chair/Mounts, Keep in mind that items on the Reboot Version of the Royal Maple Style Coupon in KMSDosen't have Raw Stats, nor temporary ones on the items!

No.
    No stats.
    Even in non-Reboot, Cash covers should be for cosmetics ONLY. Nobody should feel pressured to wear the "set of the month" for any reason other than fashion.

Assuming we got statless Royals (both permanent set and temporary individual stats not included,) the introduction of Sewing Machines that are suppose to come with the Royals system will be pointless as its sole purpose is to give you a new cash item with stats for 2 royal items you have. Royals would be a cheaper version of Premium Surprise items with a smaller prize pool that can either be very good because it has a tight pool of fashionable items or crap since it has a tight pool and you view the items differently.

However, if they implemented the Royals system as it is with a few tweaks to make it flexible for our version, players would be able to dress however they want without losing of gaining stat. No one would be wearing the same set(s) if the set bonus were changed to count the number of royal style equips you have on even if they are mismatched. The "royalizer" I was describing makes non-royals items royal so they can be included in the mix match bonus as well as having a chance of having temporary stats. People who are happy with their current outfits can gain a small set boost if they registered all their items to be "royal" as well as enjoy a stat boost while it lasts and other players can try out these new items for their looks/stats.

• ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    I would agree to this only if the stats were removed.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    ClawStaff wrote: »
    I would agree to this only if the stats were removed.

Do you mean the set effect?
    becaues those Speciel Label or S Label items, don't have Stats individually.

i also want the items to not have any stats, but nexon could keep the set effect and change it from X stats and X att/m.att, to just give a chair or a mount as a reward for collecting all set pieces.

Just like how that Master Blood Reboot Packages in KMS Functions, it has a set effect that only gives you a Chair as a reward for collecting all set pieces, and it doesn't have stats,
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Yeah would be fine with it just rewarding another item with no stats as well. Having a set effect would make the items not exist in Reboot (or if they did would defeat the purpose of Reboot no matter how small the boost) which is silly because the purpose of cash slot equips is to be purely cosmetic.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    No.
    No stats.

"or if nexon could somehow remove the set effect stats and just keep the Chair/Mounts prize when getting all 5 pieces of a set., Keep in mind that items on the Reboot Version of the Royal Maple Style Coupon in KMS Dosen't have Raw Stats, nor temporary ones on the items!"

Akradian, I said that i want the items to : Not have Stats.

I do however want nexon to keep the set effect, not for stats, but rather for Chair/Mount 5 Pieces Prize collection ( or a Face/Eye Accessory Reward for some sets )
    i just think that the Royal Maple Style Coupon is Much better then our ( or should i say Our's, JMS Copy ) Premium Surprise Style Box.

it has less items in it's pool up to - 32 Max ( Royal Maple Style ). as opposed to 100 Max ( Premium Surprise Style )
    and it costs less per coupon - 2,200 NX/2.2$ ( Royal Maple Style ) , as opposed to 3,400 NX/3.4 $ ( Premium Surpirse Style )

In Short : Royal Maple Style Coupon = 32 Items, costs 2,200 NX ( and has better looking items, that give a Mount/Chair/Face/Eye Accessory upon collection 5 pieces )
    Premium Surpirse Style = 100 Items, costs 3,400 NX ( has few good looking, and mostly, undesirable items, no Chair or a Accessory reward upon collecting 5 pieces,
    has a Much lower chance of getting the desired items, because the item pool is massive with a lot of bad looking items.

So i truly believe that the : Royal Maple Style Coupon with a set effect that grants a Chair/Mount/Face/Eye Accessory, upon collecting 5 set pieces,
    is the best way for Permanent Cash Equips in GMS to move forward.

PS. The Royal Maple Style Equips would have a "Speciel Label" Mark on them But: They Would NOT have any stats on them whatsoever!