[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Net Neutrality

pandabunniespandabunnies
Reactions: 1,955
edited November 2017 in Off-Topic Discussion
I just wanted to take a moment to make sure we're all aware of what's going on. The FCC is trying to get rid of net neutrality. If this happens, ISPs will have way too much control over what sites you can go to and how fast you can get there. It will likely become very difficult to play Maplestory, and that's not the half of it. Any site that competes with something your ISP provides may be unavailable to you. In many areas, ISPs are a monopoly so it will not be as simple as switching, especially if they all do it. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew about this. Thank you.

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    Yeah, I've heard stories about it. Is there any way to protest it from happening?
    I know that over here, our cable bill is high enough and it's still slow and choppy. -_-
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited November 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    Yeah, I've heard stories about it. Is there any way to protest it from happening?
    I know that over here, our cable bill is high enough and it's still slow and choppy. -_-

We can call our senators and boycott comcast and verizon. If enough of us show we care maybe they'll listen for once.
    Sherri