[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Severely Lacking Kanna Ban Compensation

choowwyychoowwyy
Reactions: 1,220
edited November 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So the compensation for being falsely banned was distributed after maintenance today and it really sucked.

Three 2x EXP coupons and three 2x drop coupons that last for one hour each and expire a week after accepting them. To be clear, my account was "permanently" banned for about 4 weeks starting on Friday, October 13th.

Off the top of my head, I missed out on a week and a half of hot week rewards, one week of Maple Hood Watch, a majority of dark lords of darkness, double EXP/drop weekend, and obviously a month worth of daily quests. And I'm sure there is more than I'm not remembering.

I'm not going to ask for all of that to be compensated as I know that I personally would not have participated in all of these events 100% of the time but 3 hours of 2x EXP/drop does not cut it.

Unless I am mistaken and there is more to the compensation that I have not seen, please consider providing a better compensation.

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited November 2017
    Thats usually how it is, be glad it isnt 100 power elixrs, untradeable ( a favorite of theirs for compensation/reward)
  • choowwyychoowwyy
    edited November 2017
    Just because compensation has been bad in the past doesn't excuse it from being bad now.

With that attitude how can we expect anything to improve?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Nexon has a dilemma.
    On the one hand, legits who got wrongfully banned, definitely deserve better compensation than this.
    On the other hand, most of the bans in this ban wave were justified, and Nexon doesn't want to give hackers worthwhile gifts on top of releasing their accounts.

(And if they could tell who was legit and who wasn't, they wouldn't have unbanned everybody)
    Argent
  • choowwyychoowwyy
    edited November 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Nexon has a dilemma.
    On the one hand, legits who got wrongfully banned, definitely deserve better compensation than this.
    On the other hand, most of the bans in this ban wave were justified, and Nexon doesn't want to give hackers worthwhile gifts on top of releasing their accounts.

(And if they could tell who was legit and who wasn't, they wouldn't have unbanned everybody)

Who says they unbanned everyone? In their statement they said anyone who was found to be hacking would remain banned.

Also I'm not asking for anything special, just things that I missed out on. I don't see anything unfair in compensating me or anyone else who was banned with the hot week rewards we missed out on, for instance.

On top of that, even if you think exp and drop coupons are an appropriate reward, how is 3 hours of each supposed to make up for a whole month?

I don't see any dilemma. Giving out rewards from events that I missed out doesn't cost Nexon anything and doesn't give the banned players any unfair disadvantage.
    Contrast
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Because that would be the actions of a competent company that cares about their player base. I think I've said enough really. =/
    Rennn