[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nova questions and more

ThorinoxThorinox
Reactions: 480
edited November 2017 in General Chat
First of all, how do you even START these quests, (I know im late back to this and yata yata) whenever I talk to Cassandra, all she does is tell me to come to the main website, what is that going to do. And im confused, but certain the character is coming out the 29th right? Next week. On top of that, are we going to be able to choose to play Zero again? Because in the news about Nova, it shows that Nova is "new" and Zero is "hot", and I really want to play a Zero, because im a very casual player and every single time that character comes out, I end up missing out on it, and iv heard that it is for every server but reboot. Whats the deal with that?

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2017
    The web events are a series of events you can do through the Nova microsite. This includes both the Nova journey share event (share pages on Facebook/Twitter, earn prizes in-game immediately) and the registration for the Nova Liberation gift package (to be distributed after the patch goes live).

The Nova update is confirmed for the 29th. The first update will include the Nova thief character Cadena, some new common 5th job skills, the Spirit Savior party quest for Arcana, and the return of Zero (for non-Reboot worlds). Zero isn't in Reboot because KMS doesn't allow it; why they don't allow it hasn't really been specifically stated.
    Thorinox
  • ThorinoxThorinox
    Reactions: 480
    edited November 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    The web events are a series of events you can do through the Nova microsite. This includes both the Nova journey share event (share pages on Facebook/Twitter, earn prizes in-game immediately) and the registration for the Nova Liberation gift package (to be distributed after the patch goes live).

The Nova update is confirmed for the 29th. The first update will include the Nova thief character Cadena, some new common 5th job skills, the Spirit Savior party quest for Arcana, and the return of Zero (for non-Reboot worlds). Zero isn't in Reboot because KMS doesn't allow it; why they don't allow it hasn't really been specifically stated.

Thank you SO MUCH for this information (and links!!), and that is just something I don't get, why Reboot isnt going to be allowed to have Zero, you would think that for such a character, the lack of trading would give it that challenge that it is meant to have. I have seen several videos over the years of just how fast people can max out a character these days and it is CRAZY! Here is the best video I can show you (and one I cant even begin to understand how crazy this must have been to prep) [ElliniaMS]Scania - Quick Leveling 1-250, The video is highly sped up, but even slowed to a crawl, and catching the gearing being used and switched at times, is simply mind boggling to me. Even for an OLD timer like me, I dont know if its just the fact that when I started to play Maple Story (2005), it took forever to level and gain good gear, now its super simple. Thus is why I absolutely LOVE Reboot server, getting that gear is much harder. Anyways, THANK YOU for the information.
  • bazzybazzy
    Reactions: 1,525
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Neospector wrote: »

Do we really have to follow everything KMS/JMS does? If you can't explain it, why do it?