[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Voices for Cadena, Illium, Phantom and Shade

StallbenStallben
Reactions: 1,245
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Ok, so I just listened the voices for the classes mentioned and, honestly, I have to say great job on

the casting and execution of the lines. I'm serious, I'm really liking them. Cadena has that kinda

sarcastic, sassy voice and attitude and oozes confidence in her (and his) skills and is actually pretty

funny, I found myself laughing a few times (for both male and female, the male being more the

rough, confident type than the female version), Illium has that tone of being strong and composed

(both male and female, though I can't tell if some lines are pre or post transformation, but either

way they're still good), Phantom has that feeling of being confident as well (given his character)

and sounds like he carries himself well, while the female version feels more elegant in the way she

talks. Shade's voice, both male and female are stronger than I would have thought for the way they

look, but honestly, they aren't bad at all. By the way, I'm loving the French that both versions of

Phantom use. Though I'm not sure how accurate they are, pronunciation wise, but to me they sound

good, specifically the female. I'm sure there are more French audios, but the player only had one

voice clip in French. I didn't listen to every voice clip for the classes because I wanted to play them

and listen to them in game where I have more context for what they say, so I'm just listing my first

impressions. They really good and not like the over yelling Kaiser does (I still feel like he should

sound younger) or the dry heaving sounds of Demon Slayer/Avenger (they're good voices in and

of themselves but they need to reel in the excessive yelling, like the skill lasts 2 seconds and the

screaming lasts for 5.) I know people like playing with the voices off and I might be the only one

that actually likes the voices, but I want to hear what other people think. I think the voices sound

good and feel like Nexon actually tried this time, but others may feel different. I'm not sure if I'm

allowed to link it, but for those who want to find them, they're on Spadow's soundcloud. Although

literally the only gripe I have about them is the recycling of the Korean grunts and yells and I feel

that it was just pure laziness on Nexon's part, like they recorded full sentences of dialogue, but

couldn't do simple grunts and yells? Maybe they're just place holders or something before they

actually get released, but that was just something that mildly annoyed me. So, I just want to know

how other people feel about them whether if you like them, don't like them or what have you.
PirateIzzyYinYangX

Comments

• MewBlueberryMewBlueberry
    Reactions: 1,530
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Yeah, I'm loving the new voices too, especially Cadena's! I was hoping Shade's voice would sound gentler though, to fit his personality better.

I'm cool with reusing the grunts from KMS, since they sound good. I'll admit though, it's slightly jarring to hear two different voice actors provide for a single character at the same time.
    YinYangXSherri
  • LagTooMuchLagTooMuch
    Reactions: 1,985
    edited November 2017
    gawd my eyesssssss!!!!

NO FREAKING DOUBLE SPACE!!!
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2017
    No fair...you guys on PTS get all the funz T^T
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »

The PTS was not released for this update. The OP is referring to Spadow's Soundcloud upload of the English voices. He's compiled playlists for the Cadena, Illium, Phantom, and Shade attack voices, as well as the story dialog from Cadena, Illium, and the 4th chapter in the Grand Atheneum.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    Oh no.. more super loud voice actors? Not to mention.. Shade isn't sound adorable gentle like his character is supposed to be?!
    REEEEEE
  • StallbenStallben
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    LagTooMuch wrote: »
    gawd my eyesssssss!!!!

Better? Formatting is weird but its easier to read.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    I read it fine.. the original :p
    Stallben wrote: »
    LagTooMuch wrote: »
    gawd my eyesssssss!!!!

Better? Formatting is weird but its easier to read.

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    Petalmagic wrote: »

The PTS was not released for this update. The OP is referring to Spadow's Soundcloud upload of the English voices. He's compiled playlists for the Cadena, Illium, Phantom, and Shade attack voices, as well as the story dialog from Cadena, Illium, and the 4th chapter in the Grand Atheneum.

You do realize Spadow got those sound clips the same "illegit" way he got information you hotly deny, like boss entry/drop nerfs, and the lack of a Kishin fix, right?
    Maybe he just made those sound clips up. There's no "official confirmation" of them. Thread should probably be locked, if not outright deleted.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited November 2017
    For real, if Cadena isn't out yet, how is there English clips already?
    Lilyflower
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited November 2017
    Seriously disappointed by the Shade voiceover. All the battle grunts are fine, since they've been taken directly from the Korean voiceover, but the lines themselves sound so out of character. It's a generic rpg warrior-barbarian voice. Shade should be soft spoken and elegant.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    For real, if Cadena isn't out yet, how is there English clips already?

Datamining probably ? Dunno
  • NothingYTNothingYT
    Reactions: 110
    edited December 2017
    im 99% sure Cadenas female voice is Cherami Leigh who voiced Lucy Heartfilia from Fairy Tail and Asuna from Sword Art Online
    DreamWeaver
  • StallbenStallben
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    NothingYT wrote: »
    im 99% sure Cadenas female voice is Cherami Leigh who voiced Lucy Heartfilia from Fairy Tail and Asuna from Sword Art Online

Omg, I literally thought the same thing. I love Cherami Leigh and I hear her in a lot of anime and I had that thought like "wait, is that her?" even now, I still her hear when I play, but I'm still not sure if it's her. I get a more Lucy feel from her than Asuna, but I can hear both interpretations. It wouldn't be the first time Maplestory has gotten well known voice actors to voice classes. For example, Luminous' voice is Kaiji Tang, who voices Tsumugu from Kill la Kill and Guts from Berserk. Mercedes' voice is Cristina Vee, who voices Hawk from Seven Deadly Sins and Sailor Mars in the redub of the 90's Sailor Moon series and the Sailor Moon Crystal series. Angelic Buster's voice is Sarah Anne Williams, who voices Nonon in Kill la Kill and Lisbeth in Sword Art Online. All of these three have voiced in a lot of the same anime and I was surprised when I heard their voices in game. However, I do know that the Male voice of Cadena is Sean Chiplock, who voiced Revali in Breath of the Wild. Interestingly enough, he also voiced in Sword Art Online like the first three, as Diabel. I'm not sure who voices the male and female versions of Illium, Phantom and Shade although they do sound very familiar to me.
  • DreamWeaverDreamWeaver
    Reactions: 1,435
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    NothingYT wrote: »

Now see, I thought Cadena sounds like Celty Sturlson (Kari Walhgren) from Durarara! Either way, every time I watch a cut scene in Maple, all the voices sound familiar to me.

So there's really no official va list for the English voice overs?