[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

can pay whit BTC for buy CASH in MS?

ruth02ruth02
Reactions: 1,190
edited December 2017 in General Chat
Some moderator or person, help me if I can also pay for btc (bitcoin) in maplestory. if it is possible this, because in steam in the games you can buy games with this, oh soon nexon will implement this, is my question

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Bitcoin is actually a very rarely accepted currency. It's actually rather surprising to me that Steam accepts it, considering it's usually regarded as rather unstable.

Nexon does not support it directly. However, you can convert Bitcoin to USD in PayPal which can be used to purchase NX.
    You can also buy NX through Steam, if you want to buy through Bitcoin directly. Go through the process of linking your Steam account with Nexon (I believe you simply need to log in to Steam using your Nexon account, though I'm not sure) and you can then move the Bitcoins to your Steam wallet and buy NX from there.
  • JacaruJacaru
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited December 2017
    Remember that some countries want you to pay taxes if you convert BTC into euros, so beware. At least Finland does this, and their authorities have right to ask the required information. It sort of beats the original purpose of BTC wich is kind of sad, this is why it should be more widely accepted.
    It feels unfair for government to demand tax from "winnings".
    However I'm glad if Steam accepts it, this is news to me :)
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    maybe you shouldn't be using scamcoins
  • needforbeansneedforbeans
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2017
    @Neospector you don't know what you are talking about. "Bitcoin is a rarely accepted cryptocurrency" No it's not, you can buy gorceries, travel tickets, electronics, and much much more. You can convert your bitcoin or a game card just have to check out site like gyft.com and other similar ones.

You are surprised Steam accepts Bitcoin? Bet you are just salty you didn't get in on the money train and don't even have a single bitcoin. Sucks to suck.

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2017
    @Neospector you don't know what you are talking about. "Bitcoin is a rarely accepted cryptocurrency" No it's not, you can buy gorceries, travel tickets, electronics, and much much more. You can convert your bitcoin or a game card just have to check out site like gyft.com and other similar ones.

You are surprised Steam accepts Bitcoin? Bet you are just salty you didn't get in on the money train and don't even have a single bitcoin. Sucks to suck.

Er, what you're describing is a converter, which is exactly what I mentioned in my post. You're converting the Bitcoin to USD (or other currency) and spending that.
    Bitcoin itself is not usually accepted by most major retailers (such as Amazon) and game companies (Mojang, for instance), which is what OP is asking about. Typically purchases are done using a conversion tool as described.

My post wasn't meant to be taken as an attack on Bitcoin, I'm sorry if you interpreted it that way.
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    No, for once you're right. Go ahead and attack the hell out of bitcoin and all its ilk. It's completely worthless aside from attempting to set a record for being a massive drain of resources.
  • SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited December 2017
    Afaik Steam recently stopped supporting BTC due to high transaction costs caused by heavily fluctuating exchange rates, so I don't see Nexon NA supporting it anytime soon.
    Jacaru
  • JacaruJacaru
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited December 2017
    Bitcoin community hopes for more services to use some kinda SegWit network, whatever that means. But it's supposed to speed up the transactions.
    Since I haven't invested yet, I'm obviously hoping for BTC value to come down, so I can get more for less at the start of next year.
    BTC keeps going slow for now, it shouldn't rise much more radically for the rest of 2017. Shouldn't.
    Some fools launched fireworks earlier today, made me feel a little sad, and wonder if those people sold their BTC for profits.

But yeah. This currency needs more support. I know that you are disgusted by an idea of a currency that is not controlled by anyone... that is pure math. But that is why it is so great. Things like euros, dollars? Banks dictate it all. How is that right?