[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

(Literally Unplayable) Revamp Monster Codex

EdonEdon
Reactions: 600
edited December 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
For a long time, I've been playing maple story and many times I enjoy the game because there is always a goal i want to complete and accomplish. One goal would be to complete the codex completely however its been years now and many of the mobs to complete the codex are still either missing or impossible to get.
I have gotten as far as getting 7+ all stat on my codex but can't go any further as many mobs can't be discovered. I'm hoping they would either remove the old mobs and replace them with new mobs or completely revamp the codex system.
  1. Keep or Revamp?3 votes
    1. Keep/Update the old mobs
       33% (1 vote)
    2. Revamp
       67% (2 votes)

Comments

• scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited December 2017
    Aside from updating the codex bestiary, What other kinds of features would you like to see in a revamped codex? Do you still like being able to see just a monster's HP, MP, Species, Location and drop table?
  • McDasherMcDasher
    Reactions: 360
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    they could update the drops in the codex. Some of the monsters have outdated drop tables.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited December 2017
    I agree. New monsters should be added, as well as the current ones updated, remove the monsters that are no longer in the game and polished up.
    I don't want the Monster Book to be removed, I like how we can find monsters and summon in a familiar.
    To be honest, if anything, I'd like the two of these to be combined into one feature (but I doubt that will happen).
    Also, it isn't necessarily 'unplayable', just outdated.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    The options in this poll don't make any sense. The question you posed for it is not a yes or no question. You'll need to clarify, because the options should be keep or revamp, not yes or no.

I agree to revamping the codex, but the poll's options are just weird lol.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited December 2017
    scholar624 wrote: »
    Aside from updating the codex bestiary, What other kinds of features would you like to see in a revamped codex? Do you still like being able to see just a monster's HP, MP, Species, Location and drop table?

Doesn't JMS have an updated version of codex? I've seen it in some boss carries. Import that one.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited December 2017
    Keep or Revamp the Codex?
    Yes
    No

I only see yes or no. I cannot find revamp.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited December 2017
    JMS has an updated Codex that seems to work differently, but I'm not sure how. I'd like to know more about it, and hopefully implement it if it's good.
    McDasher wrote: »
    they could update the drops in the codex. Some of the monsters have outdated drop tables.

No it doesn't, the Codex pulls it directly from the monsters. The problem is what it doesn't show, rather than what it does show.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    I would like to suggest to post in this Codex Revamp Thread, it has more information, and more views in it,or maybe to merge the 2 threads if the op's are fine with that.Crusader Codex Revamp