[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Perm & 90-day NX items in Auction House

RenniRenni
Reactions: 3,085
edited February 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Let me start first with a situation I experienced recently. About 1 or 2 days ago, I bought Nerdy Glasses from the Auction House, but when I went to collect them, I realized they were not permanent.
c0fp5tk.png

As some are aware, the Auction House does not have a timer icon in the top-left corner of its items to identify non-permanent items; in order to determine the duration of an item, you would have to hover over the item's image to bring up the description. Some items are very obviously not permanent, such as "90-day" or "1-year" mounts, and the duration of other items like Nebulite Boxes do not matter as much. However, for NX items in particular, the duration is very important, and the only visible difference is in the item description and the timer icon.
rSeQ4lg.png

Apparently, you can receive 90-day Nerdy Glasses from the regular Surprise Style Boxes, something I and many other people never knew. Pair up the lack of timer icons with the new release of MVP Surprise Style Boxes, and if you made a silly mistake like me, you assume all Nerdy Glasses are permanent and end up accidentally buying 90-day Nerdy Glasses for the price of a permanent one.

Now, this mistake was primarily my own fault, since I did not properly look at the item description. However, people I mentioned this situation to were also surprised that you could get 90-day Nerdy Glasses, and with that in mind, I believe a lot of people would not think to look at the item description, and could have made the same mistake I did, or similar.

That is why I would like to give several suggestions in order to prevent similar situations from happening.
  • Add timer icons to the Auction House. This will make non-permanent items more explicit and easily differentiate them from permanent items.
  • Remove regular Surprise Style Boxes from the Cash Shop. Very few people buy these boxes or want items from these boxes, as many of the items are not permanent.
  • Make non-permanent items more explicit via item names. For example, add "90-day" to 90-day NX items, or "Permanent" to permanent NX items.
  • Do not include 90-day versions of NX items in the regular Surprise Style Box if a permanent version is available in the special permanent Surprise Style Boxes. This includes Premium Surprise Style Box or seasonal/event boxes, including MVP Surprise Style Box, Winter Surprise Style Box, and more.
  • Give an explicit list of NX items that can be obtained from regular Surprise Style Boxes. Before this situation, I never knew 90-day Nerdy Glasses were available from this box.

Personally, I just want timer icons in Auction House. If that's not possible, then I want regular Surprise Style Boxes to be removed from the Cash Shop. The other suggestions don't appeal as much to me, considering how uncommonly regular Surprise Style Boxes are purchased.

*This is also a warning to people interested in buying Nerdy Glasses in the Auction House, to always look at the item description.*
SherriKlaraBeautyKerBansot
  1. Did you previously know 90-day Nerdy Glasses were available from the regular Surprise Style Box?13 votes
    1. Yes
       31% (4 votes)
    2. No
       69% (9 votes)

Comments

• RenniRenni
    Reactions: 3,085
    edited February 2018
    Since the Free Market is going to close, will a timer icon in the Auction House be implemented in order to address this possible issue?
  • BeautyBeauty
    Reactions: 1,885
    edited February 2018
    Same I bought a fallen angel tail didn't even know it was 90days instead of permanent on AH, I hope nexon would actually remove those 90days equips from boxes and just make everything perm. Also I agree with you, they need to stat if an item is either 90days or perm to prevent ppl from wasting their mesos on those 90days items.
    Renni