[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

MVP Rank

2ManyAlts2ManyAlts
Reactions: 970
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2017 in General Chat
So I've noticed, just now, they took away my MVP silver rank during a reroll and I was pretty upset.

Now I'm Mvp Bronze IV and I have to spend 180$ just to get my original rank...

Is that supposed to happen?

Are you supposed to spend money all the time to keep your rank?

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    2ManyAlts wrote: »
    So I've noticed, just now, they took away my MVP silver rank during a reroll and I was pretty upset.

Now I'm Mvp Bronze IV and I have to spend 180$ just to get my original rank...

Is that supposed to happen?

Are you supposed to spend money all the time to keep your rank?

yes
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2017
    MVP status is determined by your past three months of spending history. So if you spent enough NX to become silver in May, you would keep silver rank from May, June, and July, more or less. Bronze rank never decays.

It's meant as a bonus gift for spending, not a sort of membership. Other than the megaphones and bonus Maple Points, most people don't use many of the items in the boxes.
  • 2ManyAlts2ManyAlts
    Reactions: 970
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    MVP status is determined by your past three months of spending history. So if you spent enough NX to become silver in May, you would keep silver rank from May, June, and July, more or less. Bronze rank never decays.

It's meant as a bonus gift for spending, not a sort of membership. Other than the megaphones and bonus Maple Points, most people don't use many of the items in the boxes.

I only had silver for a week though.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    2ManyAlts wrote: »
    Neospector wrote: »

I only had silver for a week though.

When was this?

On the 1st of the month, the ranks recalculate. On December 1st, the system forgot what you spent in September, and your rank was calculated base on your spending in October, November, and December. This is a bit underhanded as it pressures you to do your spending early in the month to regain your rank, but if you'd rather wait for the Christmas sales then don't give in.
  • kthxkthx
    Reactions: 320
    edited December 2017
    Yes, sadly if you don't keep spending NX then you will lose your MVP rank the longer you don't buy NX I think you need to spend the amount you want to keep the MVP rank. So Diamond MVP 900,000 or more NX, You must spend 900k NX every month otherwise you will drop your MVP rank...

Lame? IKR.
  • LadysioLadysio
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited December 2017
    Send in a ticket if you just got silver a week ago then send a ticket have them look it over then let them try to "explain" it to you honestly they might just give you back silver rank.