[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Illium bossing though

foussiremixfoussiremix
Reactions: 2,335
Member, Private Tester
edited January 2018 in General Chat
Takes me nearly 16 minutes to kill normal hilla on illium while my angelic buster wrecks her under 6 minutes.

Illiums range is REALLY inflated, javelin is really weak and the reaction skills too.
Combined with the skill delay, it makes illium one of the worst bossers.

Watched a video of ayumilove doing RA bosses with her lvl 200 illium and she had so much problems killing them.

Illium needs to be revamped

Comments

• MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited January 2018
    Illium's getting a boost to bossing in a later patch. He's getting like, 30% bossing on 4 different skills. Though that's more a bandaid solution.

I haven't bossed myself, but I thought the big thing would be placing the orb in a way that caused the javelins to bounce between the orb and boss. But *shrug* we all knew that Illium was gonna be a terrible bosser.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2018
    put the orb behind the boss so the orb passes through the boss to get stacks and javelin hits boss, i havent seen many illium bossing videos on youtube.
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Reactions: 865
    edited January 2018
    I haven't had any issues bossing with Illium. Granted I haven't done any of the Chaos bosses and only have done Normal and Easy bosses. I'm assuming ayumilove was doing Chaos Root Abyss? The one attempt I did at Chaos Zakum ended very poorly for me solo at level 203 which in retrospect was a terrible idea, especially on reboot. I also have like 0 experiencing bossing with my first level 200 being Cadena and Illium my 2nd level 200.

As for normal Hilla I can beat her within 1 minute on my level 203 Illium on Reboot. That's using Crystal Ignition and longinus Zone. Part of that may be due to the winter card event though.