[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Big Spender Event Suggestions

RafikiProxyRafikiProxy
Reactions: 410
edited January 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello all, recently I submitted a ticket not too long ago in regards to the Maple Big Spender Event, and there are a few things I want to include as suggestions to help make the event much more trustworthy and not seen as a predatorial tactic. Firstly, like many others and myself who have spent money to participate in the event, I do believe that since the equip boxes are randomized they should also be "class specific" as well. It is very disappointing for someone to have spent close to $100 ( or more) just to find out that they didn't get what they paid for (such as being a warrior who obtains a mage tyrant cape and a blaster Fafnir weapon, both of which aren't for the right class and/or character type). Furthermore, I believe the event should NOT include the Reboot server since players cannot trade equipment in Reboot what so ever. Additionally, the event by nature is seen to be primarily pay2win and targeted for normal servers, and as such should not include Reboot since Reboot at its core is Free to Play. However, if the event were to stay in Reboot, then the previous suggestion would still work if the gifts are distributed specifically to the players class/character type (i.e player plays as a thief and receives a tyrant equip for a thief and likewise a Fafnir thief weapon). Any other suggestions are gladly welcomed, thank you for your time.

Comments

• TransformingThunderTransformingThunder
    Reactions: 1,620
    edited January 2018
    +1 It either should of been done right (right equip for your class) or not in reboot at all. I don't understand how it would make sense to have a p2w that didn't garuntee the right equip when you can't trade it or do anything w/ except drop or sell it.

If a nexon employee can use explain their logic of I'm going to give reboot players who spent 100$+ an equip they will have to drop or sell for 400k meso and justify it, I'm right here, and I am most certainly waiting.
  • 2ManyAlts2ManyAlts
    Reactions: 970
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    +1

I didn't get cucked this event, I got what I needed so I'm fine but I do feel bad that other people didn't get it so I 90% agree.

The other 10% goes to me always spending money in nexon for cosmetics.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Your use of the phrase "didn't get what they paid for" should immediately make it clear that these boxes, rng or not, have no place in Reboot.
    Nobody should be able to buy in-game equipment for real-world money in Reboot, be it $100 or any other amount. Nor should people be able to buy a "chance to get" such equipment. Remember the Re:Zero box furor?

Big Spender rewards in Reboot should be purely cosmetic. For example, a box that contains rare equipment covers or old "anvilables" that cannot be normally obtained in Reboot (because the quests they came from or the mobs that dropped them were removed from the game before Reboot was launched). I believe this would be a very desirable reward for Reboot's big spenders (who spend all that cash on - you guessed it - cosmetics).
  • RafikiProxyRafikiProxy
    Reactions: 410
    edited January 2018
    @AKradian your views are exactly the same as mine my friend. Reboot at its core is supposed to be free to play, and likewise should stay free to play.