[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Jr. Newtie Monster Card Not Dropping

ShippouShippou
Reactions: 1,570
Member, Private Tester
edited January 2018 in Bug Reporting
EDIT: nevermind...I had this card already, but it did not show up in the monster book. Was greyed out and double clicking on the mob indicated that I did not have the card.
Only indication I had it was completing another set then tabbing back to the Leafre set where it showed up as obtained.

Bug Description: The monster "Jr. Newtie" in Leafre does not drop its associated Monster Card, making it impossible to complete the Leafre Card Set Effect.

Server: Bera
Class: Kinesis
IGN: Checkra
Time of bug: 1/14/2018 11:30pm CST

Steps to reproduce:
1. Use a character that currently does not have the Jr. Newtie monster card collected.
2. Hunt Jr. Newtie in the map "Destroyed Dragon Nest"
3. The card will not drop, even after hunting for a very long time.

For reference, monster cards for mobs in this level range drop once in about 10-20 kills.
I'm up to 400/999 required for the completion stamp for Maple Guide and it has not dropped. Resorted to popping a Lucky Winter after about 100. Still hasn't dropped.

The Leafre card set is extraordinarily valuable because it gives 30% Ignore Monster Def. This card not dropping makes it impossible to obtain the set effect.

As a possibly related bug, some Starforce versions of monsters do not drop the associated Monster Card. Fortunately, there are non-starforce versions of all the mobs in Leafre, though Blood Harp is particularly annoying as only 2-3 of this mob spawn at once in the only map where it spawns at all.

Comments

• LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Just a quick reminder, starforce mobs have separate drop tables so that is the reason they don’t drop monster cards. Only the non-star ones do. As for jr Newtie, it drops normally in the map. Most people usually mix it up with nest golems (full form ones) which drop in the same map as jr newties when you defeat the transformed version. The map with just fully grown up nest golems do not drop for some reason.