[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Magpie Coins

botclbotcl
Reactions: 890
Member, Private Tester
edited January 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Dear Nexon,

In order to get one of the BiS rings in reboot we need to farm at least 150 coins every day and if we were full time gamers it would be great because:

- Play 10 yut games takes in average, 5-10 min each game and thats like 30-50 minutes.
- Wait 15, and 45 minutes to do the flying thing and other thing event, another hour or two

We are talking about 2 hours of our lifes just to get coins that could be dropped in boxes or you could add other games like past ss ring events and not the yut game only, that is, really stupid and boring. You picked the worst game because other games like some kind of poker, monopoly and others were actually fun.

A lot of players are adult, we have jobs, lifes and two hours just to get coins besides our dailies is just stupid and has no sense.

Thank you.

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2018
    I have to agree with the premise.
    Once I saw only elite monsters have a chance to drop 10 coin box and the kite thing and yut were the only way to get coins. I just stopped trying to get coins.
  • SïmplÿSïmplÿ
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2018
    One thing I wish would have been put in the Magpie shop, is the random damage skin :)
  • SïmplÿSïmplÿ
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2018
    I have to agree with the premise.
    Once I saw only elite monsters have a chance to drop 10 coin box and the kite thing and yut were the only way to get coins. I just stopped trying to get coins.

Also the ox thing is so laggy I cant even play it, so i just gave up.
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited January 2018
    Lack of coins is really frustrating, especially when you are trying for the SS ring and you spend an hour in Yut to get your coins and only end up with 1 B gem to show for your hour. Feels like a complete waste of time.

Everything in the shop is really expensive too.
  • xPicturexPicture
    Reactions: 915
    edited January 2018
    I mean, there are future events coming up soon. Surely they give out coins?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2018
    xPicture wrote: »
    I mean, there are future events coming up soon. Surely they give out coins?

Correct.
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/27799/updated-v-192-new-year-showdown-patch-notes
    • The Legends Return minigame on February 7th gives up to 50 coins a day for playing the PvP matches (the matches are cross-world, but if you go in with a party of friends you will not receive the rewards).
    • The Sugar Time on February 10th will give up to 250 coins (depending on how many times you open the boxes, however the full 250 coins would require a cumulative login time of 10 hours (120 minutes per cycle, 5 cycles in total). I typically complete the Sugar Time events once (~120 minutes for 40 coins) for the chance to obtain the Maple Points/Absolab weapon.
    • The Attendance Check from February 5th to February 20th will give 50 Magpie coins on day 9.
    • The Valentines Day Love-Filled Chocolate events beginning on February 7th will give up to 50 coins per day by collecting chocolate drops from mobs and exchanging them.
  • EmeyEmey
    Reactions: 100
    I wish they would address the fact that in servers that don't have enough participants we are unable to play at times, it makes it very difficult to complete the tasks required for the events. There is no participation rewards for at least trying.
  • NiikozillaNiikozilla
    Reactions: 410
    edited February 2018
    Is there a fix going on with the coin shop that we weren't informed about?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    Niikozilla wrote: »
    Is there a fix going on with the coin shop that we weren't informed about?

The coin shop in Reboot is currently bugged. Nexon is working on a fix.