[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Kishin in reboot

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2018
    Let's use spoilers now the posts are getting too big.

I believe it would be as AKradian said, if they should increase spawn rate, it would be a mere 10-15%, which isn't on par with Kishin. as well before making these big changes, things they're "investigating" or "observing" should be concluded and dealt with first.

Reboot wouldn't be left out because it'd be replacing kishin, so a second computer isn't needed. Since there's no frenzy, reboot would remain unchanged in terms of spawn rate, only if spawn is increased to match what kishin does now. As for other servers, it'd be the same as well. Only those that were able to get a frenzy totem will benefit from it. Whether or not frenzy stacks with kishin now, would be what changes the normal servers.

All in all, these types of changes should come to discussion or inception after other concerns are taken care of or addressed (drop rate and meso farming), like AKradian said again, Nexon would probably remove kishin before they even implement something to mitigate it, so everyone will lose out there.
  • TransformingThunderTransformingThunder
    Reactions: 1,620
    edited January 2018
    @Petal: Personally I don't like frenzy either, but p2w and nexon go together like peanut butter and jelly. That's a whole other topic to discuss though. A change in which frenzy works would be nice though if they were to nerf kishin.

Let's use spoilers now the posts are getting too big.

I believe it would be as AKradian said, if they should increase spawn rate, it would be a mere 10-15%, which isn't on par with Kishin. as well before making these big changes, things they're "investigating" or "observing" should be concluded and dealt with first.

Reboot wouldn't be left out because it'd be replacing kishin, so a second computer isn't needed. Since there's no frenzy, reboot would remain unchanged in terms of spawn rate, only if spawn is increased to match what kishin does now. As for other servers, it'd be the same as well. Only those that were able to get a frenzy totem will benefit from it. Whether or not frenzy stacks with kishin now, would be what changes the normal servers.

All in all, these types of changes should come to discussion or inception after other concerns are taken care of or addressed (drop rate and meso farming), like AKradian said again, Nexon would probably remove kishin before they even implement something to mitigate it, so everyone will lose out there.

I agree with nexon probably implementing the kishin change w/o something to mitigate it, though if you're going to balance drop rate and meso farming it would have to be w/ whatever base spawn rate though, so changing spawn rate after kind of makes less sense, as it all should somewhat go together. That's just my opinion though.