[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Worth redownloading?

XenomataXenomata
Reactions: 2,595
Member, Private Tester
edited January 2018 in General Chat
I've been of MS for a little over half a year now, and recently my laptop suffered a hard-drive death, and I lost everything due to no backups, including Maplestory.
I didn't give it much thought til now, since I really don't have much else to do anyways, but I've been thinking of maaaaybe coming back, that or seeing if MS2 is any closer to coming out (a certain Spadow released a number of videos showing off the english voices of the characters)
The last time I played was sometime in August, and I don't know if anything changed much since then, if anything at all. I'm a Reboot player as well.

Comments

• HolyWatersHolyWaters
    Reactions: 1,030
    edited January 2018
    Sorry to hear about your laptop, that's rough.

There's been changes. There's the Cadena and Illium classes. (I like Cadena, really reinvigorated me to play.) Winter Bard was added to the Grand Athenium. A new Arcane River area Morass was added, Papulatus was revamped. I'm probably missing a lot off stuff too.

I've never played on Reboot, so I can't speak for that. However I heard the recent bossing and non-KMS area changes were not good for it.

I stopped playing a few days ago with the whole banning situation going on. I find it to be unfair to those falsely banned. I don't seek to scare you away, but be advised about it. Sounds like third party programs may have something to do with it, I can't say for certain though.

All in all though I was having a blast playing when I was. Hopefully this helps you out some!
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2018
    Xeno, same thing happened to me but either way, it was time to buy a new laptop. Took me a day and a half to download all updates for windows, dell and other stuff. Now the strange thing is how long maplestory takes to download, 12 hours but my old slower laptop took 4-6 hours with the same internet and connection. so look out for that.

as for is it worth it, if you enjoy the game, yes. But yeah if you have any programs that are open source or third party (unlicensed) open while playing maplestory you can run the risk of the security detecting it as hacking tools.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Well I did manage to have it fixed (really nice computer repair shop was nearby that told me it was hard-drive death when I thought it was a circus of viruses) for a reasonable price, but that's in the then.
    That is actually quite concerning to learn about the bans. While I do enjoy the game for what it's worth, I'm also not sure if it's safe to start playing again until I learn said unsafe 3rd party programs...
    Hmm... I'll have to try and study up if I can...
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited January 2018
    Good luck!