[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Regular Maintence Schedule

FlemshinFlemshin
Reactions: 635
edited February 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I am not sure if this exists, but the majority of online games i have played have a set time for routine maintenance/updates. Is there one? This has happened a few times for since i have started playing at the end of last year. I have no qualms about that, i would just like a better idea on when the game is down.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Scheduled maintenance occurs every Thursday. Typically they start around 5:00AM Pacific time.

End time varies. They usually schedule for 4 hours and extend the time if necessary. The news post will update when the maintenance is extended or completed.
    Flemshin
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    In a bit more detail:

Scheduled weekly maintenances are normally 3 hours long and run from 7AM-10AM PST on Thursday.
    If the maintenance is expected to run longer, it may start earlier.
    A maintenance notice is posted to the website, usually late Wednesday afternoon, with the exact scheduled time for that week.

Game update (a.k.a major patch) maintenances are held on Wednesday mornings. And, again, the longer they're expected to take, the earlier they start them.
    An "update highlights" post will appear a week or two before the patch, but it won't give exact maintenance times. Those will only be posted Tuesday afternoon.
    Flemshin