[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Failed to initialize the Nexon Launcher

Me2UMe2U
Reactions: 1,450
edited March 2018 in Tech Support
Is anyone getting this code? (Code: 20001)? Everything was doing great till this afternoon. I opened up Maplestory, nexon Launcher updated and then all of a sudden I get this message. If anyone got this message please comment below on how to fix this issue. If all fails I'll just download steam. Thanks

Comments

• Me2UMe2U
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited March 2018
    Me2U wrote: »
    Is anyone getting this code? (Code: 20001)? Everything was doing great till this afternoon. I opened up Maplestory, nexon Launcher updated and then all of a sudden I get this message. If anyone got this message please comment below on how to fix this issue. If all fails I'll just download steam. Thanks

I just read it in the Known issue and they just fixed it! they gave out another update and I can get in
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited March 2018
    Just throw that NX launcher into trashcan where it belongs.
    Uninstall NX launcher completely, and just install MS through Steam. You will never have this kind of BS launcher problem again.
  • SnowedSnowed
    Reactions: 840
    edited March 2018
    After uninstalling (and deleting) everything, the launcher seems to have issues by not opening when I click on it, often it crashes after I log in, and when a miracle does happen after the 10th attempt, the game won't install and is stuck on 'verifying'. What is going on Nexon?
  • GaryJNgGaryJNg
    Reactions: 410
    Anyone still having this issue? I tried downloading the Nexon Launcher and every time I try to open it, it gives me:

"Failed to initialize the Nexon Launcher (Code: 20001). Please check your network connection and try again."

I have internet access and tried reinstalling but still, same issue. Trying to prep myself for Maplestory 2 and they even emailed me to download the Nexon Launcher when its not even working?

Please help :'(
  • Stinky2Stinky2
    Reactions: 100
    Yo folks, i hade the same issue but found a fix (since players need to fix them sh!t themselfs nowadays):

seems a fault in C runtime.

Find your OS and download the package here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2999226/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows

Happy Maple!
  • clownboyjjclownboyjj
    I am currently having this problem, I was fin on my computer and I just updated to windows 10 with a fresh install, nothing much else installed on my computer (installed, steam, firefox, chrome, ccleaner, 7zip, and gimp), Haven't installed any games. tried installing nexon launcher and I keep getting this error whenever i try to load it, since I'm on windows 10 there is not update in the link that Stinky2 posted that i can try.

Anyone else have any new ideas how to fix this?
  • KujoJotaroKujoJotaro
    im still having the code 20001 problem manz
  • Stinky2Stinky2
    edited May 2018
    clownboyjj wrote: »
    I am currently having this problem, I was fin on my computer and I just updated to windows 10 with a fresh install, nothing much else installed on my computer (installed, steam, firefox, chrome, ccleaner, 7zip, and gimp), Haven't installed any games. tried installing nexon launcher and I keep getting this error whenever i try to load it, since I'm on windows 10 there is not update in the link that Stinky2 posted that i can try.

Anyone else have any new ideas how to fix this?

my apologies, I didn't notice.
    try this for Windows 10
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=48234

Good luck!

Edit:
    ps. probably BECAUSE you have a fresh install you get the error. (since runtime isnt installed yet)
  • xaviermagexaviermage
    Reactions: 200
    edited May 2018
    unistall nexon laucher program. Use internet explorer download nexon laucher install fuction lol for me
  • LegendaryPOVLegendaryPOV
    Reactions: 200
    xaviermage wrote: »
    unistall nexon laucher program. Use internet explorer download nexon laucher install fuction lol for me

Thanks, it's mainly because IE lack SSL Certificate from nexon.net, i tried to turn off protection in IE and it's work