[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Fixing Explorer Mages Magic Guard

RyoManRyoMan
Reactions: 1,230
edited March 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Restore Damage to be converted into Mp only
Possibly revive Magic Armor too

The damage percentage split between Hp/Mp is very unbalanced, because explorer mages have the lowest Hp pool of all the classes. Even at lvl 200+ the Hp barely scrapes over 8k. This a huge problem. At lvl 203, when I venture into Showa Towa on the way to fight The Boss in my daily run, the lvl 160 mobs will attack for 4k-6k per hit. Half of that damage is split between my 7k Hp and 42k Mp. With 2k+ hits draining my hp, 3-4 attacks and I am on the brink of dying. It is worse when bossing, because there are some attacks (like Mad ManRanmaru's) that will hit over 40k, each hit is either an insta-kill or leaves me near death.

The percentage works for low lvl play, because 4k damage is nonexistent. But, after lvl 150 mobs will start hitting for much more damage. At Arcane River the survival rate is hard because you're always constantly watching your hp after passing through 3 monsters. When passing through and entering maps, if you lag for a second, you could be swarmed by enemies upon your arrival. If you have a respawn token, you could be respawing for a while, before you have the chance to heal and recast Magic Guard. If you are bossing, some bosses have the ability to bypass Magic Gaurd, your mechanics and dodging have to be top notch, or you could face a cycle of respawning, as mages do not have the hp to survive a majority of end game bosses attacks.

The low Hp stats made explorer mages squishy. Before the change happened, you had to keep an eye on your mp, because losing it meant instant death. Mixing the two made the class very unstable and hard to manage under tense situations when swarmed by enemies or overwhelmed with boss attack patterns.

Fixing Magic Guard to the old metrics of MP absorbing all damage will restore balance, and make the squishiest class, less squishy.
Magic Guard (20)- This is a casting spell where if you are hit, the damage
will be taken off of your MP bar instead of your HP

Magic Armor (20)- This spell, when casted,
increases the users defence against weapons.

Original stats cited from old guide: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/924697-maplestory/faqs/32878

It would also help if Explorer mages Magic Guard was an automatic passive skill like Blaze Wizards. Constant recasting leave mages vulnerable to instant death, which is detrimental when we can only do 1 boss run a day. Fixing this would greatly help the class.