[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Coin compensations for maintenance

ShrimpShrimp
Reactions: 310
edited March 2018 in General Chat
I really hope this does not sound like a general complaint, because it isn't.

I (and probably many maplers) usually afk in town whenever they are not actively playing to get the films reels, which ultimately turn into pop coins for the event. It gives a good amount as standing in town for ~4 hours give around 40 coins. However, due to recent maintenance, I'm sure many maplers including me lost some opportunities to get some late-night coins due to the unscheduled maintenance.
Now I know the GMs don't want to bring the server down to patch it up as well and so it's not being done on purpose. Because of this I usually don't comment on server being down; it's something that can happen. However, in this case there is a huge event going on with those high-tier rings, and especially without 30% discount (which KMS did for this event) some of us (yes, including me) might not have enough coins to fulfill the plan and get things we wanted to get.
Supported or not, it would be nice if someone gives a feedback on this to see how feasible this would be, as I do hope this really works out.
RyoMan

Comments

• shysDeshysDe
    edited March 2018
    really at a loss on how to get these film reels, i train for a few hours and cannot get these film reels, how is anyone supposed to collect these unless they have half the day to play? you cant even afk them because the game keeps going down. I made the mistake of attempting to get a ring on 2 characters, today smashed that hope into tiny pieces
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2018
    It should be possible to obtain what you want even if you don't farm the coins 24/7 via the reels.

Typically shops are, in more modern updates, designed specifically so you don't buy out the entire shop on every character, but rather focus on what you need or want for the character you want it on. Nexon has been discouraging "buying out" the event shops for quite some time now by limiting the amount of mob drops and focusing on minigames.
    If you want, you can focus on the Cosmos Ring or the Synergy Ring, because the Vengeful Ring and the Sylph Ring (called the Onyx Ring in KMS) should be available in the upcoming anniversary shop as well, assuming we follow KMS on the matter.
  • ShrimpShrimp
    edited March 2018
    I appreciate what you mean neospector, and indeed I am trying to get synergy rings for different characters right now, nothing else really (not that I could, too). But I felt this is more for the sake of getting back for losses that players would have acquired without unscheduled maintenance. Whether it's because they are trying to buy out shops or started late on the event, there were (and are) people who try to get more coins. I guess it's kinda like patching up suddenly in a 2x event.