[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Gollux Boss Queue Bug

FeelsADCManFeelsADCMan
Reactions: 440
edited May 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Boss queue

Brief bug summary: Queuing for Gollux then leaving the Gollux area does not terminate the boss queue state.

More details:

Because the portal to leave the Gollux lobby does not send you back to your previous map, leaving the Gollux map does not terminate the state in which the player is perceived to be in the queue. In my case, I queued for Gollux from within Cave of Repose: Below the Cave. After completing Gollux, I changed channels multiple times while doing daily quests. About 50 minutes later, I entered the Fight for Azwan using the Dimensional Mirror in Henesys. After completing the Hilla fight and taking the portal, instead of taking me back to the outside of Azwan as expected, the message "Players who used the boss menu to travel will be returned to their original location." appeared and I was sent back to Cave of Repose: Below the Cave.

In order to fix this, leaving the cluster of Gollux maps should immediately terminate the boss queue state. The reason for this is that players can teleport out of the Gollux lobby without having to use the portal; therefore, tying the termination of the boss queue state to using the portal would not fix the problem for the majority of players. This is not a high priority bug as it should not have many adverse effects besides a rare scenario where the player enters a portal, immediately goes AFK expecting Henesys, and comes back having died to monsters.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Use the boss queue for Gollux from any map.
2. Leave the Gollux area.
3. Enter any boss that is eligible to be queued for using the normal means instead of the queue.
4. Leave the area for that boss.
5. You will be transported to the map you queued for Gollux from instead of the map you entered the second boss from.

Character name: FeelsADCMan

Character level: 208

Character job: Evan

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: May 06, 2018 05:57 PM PDT (UTC -7)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    Forwarded.