[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

No Xenons

MarmilaidousMarmilaidous
Reactions: 510
edited May 2018 in General Chat
I am a Xenon, but to be honest, I have to admit this really surprised me.
I think, ever since I started I have barely encountered any other Xenon players... what is going on?
As far as I am aware, the class is still possible to create. Like, its not a Limited-edition class.
Why does so few people play Xenon? Am I playing a class that sucks?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    There are 43 classes in the game now (not counting beginners). There are only 2 or 3 that "suck": Jett, Beast Tamer, and Kanna. The rest have their advantages and disadvantages, but are all viable and fairly balanced.
    Play what you enjoy.

Plus, most of the characters you do see around areas below level 200, are link skill or legion characters, not people's mains. So don't go by that when trying to figure out what the most popular classes are.
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited May 2018
    I have a xenon that's in the high hundred actually. It's just not my main.
    To be honest I often don't even know what classes people are because they're often covered with NX that covers up any hint of their class. There may be more than you think, but perhaps they're covering it up?
    Xenon is a pretty cool class though, I like it a lot. It's just kind of difficult.
  • MarmilaidousMarmilaidous
    edited May 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    There are 43 classes in the game now (not counting beginners). There are only 2 or 3 that "suck": Jett, Beast Tamer, and Kanna. The rest have their advantages and disadvantages, but are all viable and fairly balanced.
    Play what you enjoy.

Plus, most of the characters you do see around areas below level 200, are link skill or legion characters, not people's mains. So don't go by that when trying to figure out what the most popular classes are.

I haven't seen Xenons anywhere, regardless of high level or low level area. and the characters I have seen were not link or legion. I don't understand what way you'd expect me to find out what the popular classes are. If you thought I am somehow wrong, I would be glad to hear why.

Yoongi wrote: »
    I have a xenon that's in the high hundred actually. It's just not my main.
    To be honest I often don't even know what classes people are because they're often covered with NX that covers up any hint of their class. There may be more than you think, but perhaps they're covering it up?
    Xenon is a pretty cool class though, I like it a lot. It's just kind of difficult.

I open up theiy character stats window and I see their class is not Xenon, behind all the cash clothes. I have literally haven't seen a single other Xenon other than myself since I started the character.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/89ejsx/reboot_top_10000_characters_by_class/

Granted, this is only Reboot, but I don't know what world you're in and also there's no reason for other worlds to be significantly different.
    Xenon is indeed not one of the most popular classes, but there are a dozen classes even less popular than it is.
  • MarmilaidousMarmilaidous
    edited May 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/89ejsx/reboot_top_10000_characters_by_class/

Granted, this is only Reboot, but I don't know what world you're in and also there's no reason for other worlds to be significantly different.
    Xenon is indeed not one of the most popular classes, but there are a dozen classes even less popular than it is.
    Yes, I'm on Reboot, so I guess the Xenon class stands somewhere in the middle list of the most popular classes. Thanks, I was worried when I was walking around main towns and not seeing a single Xenon other than myself.